Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

31" or 32" tires..... help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 02:47 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

have you tried searching?? all have ur questions have been answered already just do a quick search.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Beginning Member
INHUMAN is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mikeinwi
have you tried searching?? all have ur questions have been answered already just do a quick search.

Yes, i have searched as a matter of fact. Ive been lurking for a couple of weeks, and have been searching. From what i can tell, this may be possible. i havent seen a thread that had any kind of resounding "yes" written all over it. alot of guys post and you cant even tell if they have a ZR2 or not, which when fitting large tires, would be alot different. the only thing i dont know is if it can be done to my 98 ZR2 without an additional body lift of 2".
So, if i have tweaked torsion bars, and a 2" rear shackles, and flarettes removed, will 32's clear? also, i think they will fit on the ZR2 premium wheels width wise, but some may say no.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:41 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

took me about 2mins to find this>> https://blazerforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1811 like i said earlier all of questions are answered in here and in case you dont feel like reading it, your going to need about 5" of lift on a non zr2 blazer to fit 32's, with ur current setup of a tbar crank and shackles you can fit 31's no problem.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:53 PM

ok i didnt see that you had a zr2, ur stock tire size is 31" so youll be able to run a 32" tire no problem even without a tbar crank and shackles and as far as the premium wheels go they should also work with no prob.

Old 05-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Beginning Member

ok i didnt see that you had a zr2, ur stock tire size is 31" so youll be able to run a 32" tire no problem even without a tbar crank and shackles and as far as the premium wheels go they should also work with no prob.
Yes, i had read over that link you sent, but like i said, no definitive answers on clearence. thanks for the info though man, it is appreciated. see, i might have done the shackles and stuff when i didnt need to. so, i suppose now the question becomes, on a ZR2 model, after shackles and tb twist, can 33"s fit?

Old 05-13-2009, 04:30 PM

idk much about the zr2's, but im pretty sure 33's will rub a lil with a tbar crank and shackles, nothing a lil triming cant take care of. if you added 2" body lift on top of a tbar crank and shackles you should get by without any trimming.

Old 05-13-2009, 04:55 PM
Beginning Member

idk much about the zr2's, but im pretty sure 33's will rub a lil with a tbar crank and shackles, nothing a lil triming cant take care of. if you added 2" body lift on top of a tbar crank and shackles you should get by without any trimming.
Thats what i was kind of figuring. but im going on as much budget (as always) as possible. a two inch body lift may end up being more than i want to spend, right now anyway.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:08 PM

body lifts arent too expensive, but i dont think the extra cost of a body lift is worth it just to fit 33's. afterall the 33's will only be a 1/2" taller than the 32's

Old 05-13-2009, 05:31 PM
Beginning Member

body lifts arent too expensive, but i dont think the extra cost of a body lift is worth it just to fit 33's. afterall the 33's will only be a 1/2" taller than the 32's
Youre probably right there. i just felt like i would go bigger while i was gonna be buying tires anyway. thanks for all the imput though.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:33 PM

no prob man.

Quick Reply: 31" or 32" tires..... help.