Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

camber issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 11:32 PM
yanick27 is on a distinguished road
Default camber issue

I put 2wd offset wheels on my 4wd blazer and it makes my camber off. Just wondering if there was a reason for that and if there's any way to fix it other than putting the stock wheels back on cause I really like the look of the offset.

Old 04-09-2011, 05:57 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

not sure what would cause it to throw the camber off. If your set on using those wheels your best bet would be to take it to a shop and have an alignment done.

Old 04-09-2011, 06:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Wheels cannot affect camber. That is all in the suspension setup.

Old 04-09-2011, 06:23 PM
rodono is on a distinguished road

did you change your tire size.

Old 04-09-2011, 06:34 PM
s14sh3r is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Wheels cannot affect camber. That is all in the suspension setup.
This is what I was thinking. Maybe you just notice it more since the tires stick out further.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:10 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by s14sh3r
This is what I was thinking. Maybe you just notice it more since the tires stick out further.
This^^

I have 2WD wheels with a front camber of about -2.5° (previous owner of my tires had a camber issue that I'm trying to even out) and it's harder to see with the proper offset 4WD wheels. When I first put them on, I thought I was seeing toe in/out issues as well but it's just because the wheels stick out past the fender and any slight angle is much more apparent than with wheels that sit inside the fenders.

Chances are, you had the camber issue before and it was just harder to see.

(if you cranked your tbars recently, then that's the cause of the camber issue)

Last edited by mdehoogh; 04-09-2011 at 10:54 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:59 AM

Well I have taken it to a shop to get it alligned and they said that they couldn't get it to what its supposed to be. He actually said mine is the only one that he hasn't been able to get strait. I have cranked my tbars and put 31's on it but my buddy has done the same thing but he has the regular offset and his doesn't have a problem. Its only one side of mine that's really bad it looks like its gonna fall off

Old 04-10-2011, 10:03 AM

Is there any other way to lift the front end with out just crakin the tbars other than goin out and buyin a full huge lift for it

Old 04-10-2011, 10:18 AM
s14sh3r is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by yanick27
Well I have taken it to a shop to get it alligned and they said that they couldn't get it to what its supposed to be. He actually said mine is the only one that he hasn't been able to get strait. I have cranked my tbars and put 31's on it but my buddy has done the same thing but he has the regular offset and his doesn't have a problem. Its only one side of mine that's really bad it looks like its gonna fall off
Mine were sagging, so I adjusted them within factory specs and I was still at the limit of being able to adjust the camber. Any lift, outside of a real suspension lift where it changes the mounting points of the components, will cause the camber to change. Most people just crank the bars without checking the ride height. I'd be curious to see how many are still within specs after a torsion bar crank. How far out of spec was it?

I think you should look into a body lift. It's a fairly easy way to add 2 inches and it won't affect your alignment, plus it's relatively inexpensive. Usually less than 200 for the kit.

Last edited by s14sh3r; 04-10-2011 at 10:21 AM.