Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Grabber AT2s - sizes, road hazard

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 04:40 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Grabber AT2s - sizes, road hazard

Your missing the point.
I have no problem getting road hazard on my BFG 30" tires. Maybe the problem isn't the size of the tires, maybe the problem is the tire. Maybe General designates the 30" as an off-road tire and doesn't recommend road hazard.

As for the BFG your missing the point again. Yes they are used in desert racing and they were actually designed for the purpose and started the whole off-road tire craze. However the tires used to win 20 consecutive years of racing are the exact same tires you buy in the store. They are a street legal race proven tire. NASCAR used to be a race of manufactures cars, what won on Sunday was bought at the dealer on Monday. Things have changed with NASCAR over the years, however things didn't chagne with the BFG. What wins on Sunday can still be bought on Monday.

I am glad your happy with your Generals. They suit your needs.

By the way, I did do my research. Did you?
Generals are a street tire first. Off-Roaders don't use General tires off-roading. They dont work and they dont last off-road. Even the dealers know that, hence the lack of road hazard. The BFG on the other hand is a street legal off-road tire that has been proven as a good off road tire. The only condition they dont do well in is deep mud. they excell in all conditions and all terrains, hence the nature of an All-Terrain tire.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:32 PM
Starting Member
Brianator99 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've read the arguments you guys have had over these two tires. This is what I have came to the conclusion of. The BFG is undoubatably a good tire. Heres my issue with the BFG. My buddy has it on his 04 3/4 ton DodgeRamcummins and he would never buy the tire again. He plows, so automatically assume its going to wear quicker, but he doesnt plow often at all. He has got 15k out of those tires and the wear was really great. Go on tirerack and read how many miles everyone gets out of those tires. Then look where the tire ranks versus the General. The general was number 7 last timeI checked in the all terrains and the BFG was around 10. The General is much cheaper, you get more tread life, and weather you adgree or not, they both have a good tread design and are both equally capable of offroading. Neither are mud terains so that cant be argued. Not to mention BFG doesnt even carry a warantee on their tire, what does that say? Personally, for the money, I chose the Generals. I went 235/75/15 and ive put around 100 miles on them and the road noise is not there, its quieter than my all seasons I had on it. As for offroading ive taken it once since then in a field and it did fine. I havent had a real chance to try them out seeing someone hit me head on last week on my way to class. Im just saying you cant argue they dont do the same thing. It comes down to how much you want to spend on tires and your tread wear. thats just my 2 cents.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:25 AM
BGwood88 is an unknown quantity at this point

my 235/75r15 Bfg AT KO. i couldnt get road hazard with them and that was from sears

Old 12-17-2008, 01:28 PM
Beginning Member
celchlepp is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know if this link will work or not, given that its https addy, but could you take a look at this tire and tell me what you all think? Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but it sure does look exactly like the runway Enduro A/T, doesn't it?

My wife, back on 8/2/04 had a set of Runway Enduro A/T 235/75R15's put on her 2003 4dr 4wd blazer on the other side of the country in Montana (we're on the east coast now). These tires seriously proved their worth in all of her driving all over the place - they did fantastic for her in every weather condition the Rocky Mountains threw at her. It seems to be a perfect fit for this particular car, but they are VERY hard to get a tire shop to order them for us. one place tried but they were the wrong ones. they got in the Runway Enduro 75's. not even close to the tread pattern.

we never do any 4 wheeling anywhere, but it is nice to have the "dirt roadability" if you will and these tires did real good for a LOT of miles dirt roads and paved. not sure of an exact mile count on 'em, but anyway. The Runway is the precise tire I am looking for, x4 of them.

Here is another link to them if you go to http://www.gititire.com/us/ and click on Runway, then select the size on the right of 235/75 it'll auto select the 15", then it is the TOP tire in that popup window.

Please let me/us know what all of your opinions are for this particular tire and whether it is worth it to pursue getting ONLY this tire, instead of the General Tire you discuss in the thread above this posting.

Thaks a million,
Chuck

Old 12-31-2008, 01:27 PM
Beginning Member
robjamber is an unknown quantity at this point

im stock all around... i got thegeneral grabber at2sin 235/75/r15 (perfect fit)

Old 01-18-2009, 11:25 AM
Starting Member
Brianator99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright I have one complaint about Grabber.
I got the white letter tires and I had to go back into a field to pull a friend out not too long ago. Icame across a couple nice ruts and such and its starting to wear my letters off.
Other than that, for the money and how incrediable they have done in 2 feet of snow their good tires.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:20 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Thats why you mount black wall out.

Any tire will scuff up the white if you take it offroad. EVEN the BFGs.