Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Hmmm, Maybe a cool idea?

Old 05-03-2012, 10:57 PM
Blazer_Man_Dan is on a distinguished road
Default Hmmm, Maybe a cool idea?

I've always been more of a "lift it!" person, but lately I've seen some pretty nice lowered blazers... Then on google images I found this image:

I know it's photoshopped, but it got my mind thinking about what it would take to put Corvette ZR1 wheels on a blazer (preferably a 4door 2wd like my own)?

what would be necessary to put these on my blazer, and make it look good? lowering, spacers, trimming, etc? If done properly, i think the wheels below would look awesome on a blazer!

Old 05-04-2012, 01:04 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

I dont know about the lowering but....i think the wheels should bolt up as far as bolt pattern..but if yours is 2wheel i dont think that backspacing will work for you....you may need wheel adapters to avoid some serious wheel to frame issues.....should look great though.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:24 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Not to bust your great idea, but there is a reason you don't see anyone else with them. They just plain don't work with the blazer's configuration! The front wheels are 18x8.5" or something like that and the back are 19x10" I think. Waaaaay too wide to work (with the backspacing numbers they have)! They might have a chance of working if the backspacing wasn't so high on these babies. On the front 18x8.5 the backspacing is 6.95" and the back 19x10" have a backspacing of 8.61." You WILL rub frame with these. I don't know that spacers would even help in this situation.

I've been down this road before and it cost me some $$. Before I bought these current 'Maro RS wheels, I had a set of 'Maro ss 17x9 wheels that I tried to put on. The 17x9 wheels had a backspacing number of 6.5 or 6.75" around there. They not only rubbed at HALF LOCK up front, but the back left tire rubbed the emergency brake as well. The rest of the story goes, I had to sell them because they would NEVER work. Just my .02 of course. The width of the wheels you can get past if they had lower backspacing. But with a wide wheel with high backspacing, it is hard to get it to work.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:04 PM
Blazer_Man_Dan is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your input! I was afraid of that Tibby, so i didnt get my hopes up to do it any time soon, lol. Maybe one of these days I'll get a project blazer to try this on, but for the meantime i'll have to find something else for my daily driver!

Sooo, any other recommendations on wheels? maybe something like these but more feasible for my truck? The 'vette wheels are just going to have to wait til i can afford a project/show truck!

thanks again!