Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

The Most Perfect Pair of Shoes

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2020, 11:48 PM
Beginning Member
IslandBlazer is on a distinguished road
Default The Most Perfect Pair of Shoes

I recently bought the RC 2.5" lift for my 2001 4D 4WD truck and now I'm looking for the most perfect pair of shoes. I see pictures of the blazers with the 31" tires and I will admit it does look like a monster! I want that monster...if it doesn't take too much modifications..I am aware about having to trim from the fenders on both sides front and back with 1.5" spacers (or something like that), but does that guarantee no rubbing or scraping in any situation (off roading, speed bumps, U-turns, etc.)?

Are 30" wheels a good alternative choice?

FOR REFERENCE: I want the a similar setup as the Blazer in this video..
But what does it take to have no rubbing or scraping in any situation?

Last edited by IslandBlazer; 09-22-2020 at 11:53 PM.
Old 09-23-2020, 12:08 AM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

I have 31s on mine. Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws with Vision steel wheels at -6 offspacing. I had to trim my fenders and it took awhile until I got none of the minor scraping I got afterwards, which I think my tires rubbed off the last bit. I have zero problems doing turns or u-turns, and I tend to drive like Mad Max. This is an older photo as I now have black hub caps off a 1500 with a gold chevy logo on the rims. I can take a photo of them in the morning if you want, but it's basically these:

I will say this, the shocks the RC lift comes with are garbage and will wear out quickly on you. Mine barely lasted 15,000 miles.

Old 09-23-2020, 01:11 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Cimmerian
I have 31s on mine. Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws with Vision steel wheels at -6 offspacing. I had to trim my fenders and it took awhile until I got none of the minor scraping I got afterwards, which I think my tires rubbed off the last bit. I have zero problems doing turns or u-turns, and I tend to drive like Mad Max. This is an older photo as I now have black hub caps off a 1500 with a gold chevy logo on the rims. I can take a photo of them in the morning if you want, but it's basically these:

I will say this, the shocks the RC lift comes with are garbage and will wear out quickly on you. Mine barely lasted 15,000 miles.
What size are your rims/tires? I mean I'm aware they're 31" but when shopping for them what are the numbers?

And did you. buy the lift at the time of the N2 shocks or did the newer N3 shocks blow out on you? I was very concerned about this same situation. What kind of shocks did you end up getting after the RC shocks went to the trash?

Old 09-23-2020, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by IslandBlazer
What size are your rims/tires? I mean I'm aware they're 31" but when shopping for them what are the numbers?

And did you. buy the lift at the time of the N2 shocks or did the newer N3 shocks blow out on you? I was very concerned about this same situation. What kind of shocks did you end up getting after the RC shocks went to the trash?
Tires are Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 31X10.50R15

Wheels are Vision Soft 8 85 Wheel 15x7 5x4.75 (5x120.65) Black -6mm Offset

I bought my lift and put it on last year so I believe they're N3s but I'm not 100% positive. The N3s came out in 2017 near as I can tell so that's most likely what I have on. Either way I'm never going to use RC shocks again if I can help it. I haven't taken them off yet but I have some Bilstein B6 4600s coming tomorrow. They're the ZR2 OEMs so I'm hoping they fit on my Blazer.

Old 09-23-2020, 01:26 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Cimmerian
Tires are Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 31X10.50R15

Wheels are Vision Soft 8 85 Wheel 15x7 5x4.75 (5x120.65) Black -6mm Offset

I bought my lift and put it on last year so I believe they're N3s but I'm not 100% positive. The N3s came out in 2017 near as I can tell so that's most likely what I have on. Either way I'm never going to use RC shocks again if I can help it. I haven't taken them off yet but I have some Bilstein B6 4600s coming tomorrow. They're the ZR2 OEMs so I'm hoping they fit on my Blazer.
Let me know how the shocks work out and if they fit and no rubs on bumps or turns then I can order some of those and switch out the RC shocks at the time of the lift installation

Old 09-23-2020, 01:29 AM

Wilco. I have a thread on it here:

https://blazerforum.com/forum/steeri...shocks-102240/

Rubbing seems too be vehicle specific as I've seen some people here say they've had no issues and others have had. I had to cut and trim on mine and I did get rubbing for awhile but that's just my personal experience.