Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Need help understanding

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 12:31 AM
Beginning Member
krunk357 is on a distinguished road
Default Need help understanding

Ok I've been reading the articles about wheels and sizes and offset and backspacing to try and make sure i get the right size rim when i get new ones but my old man brain just aint wrapping around it.

I have a 01 4dr 4wd LT right now I have 30x9.50's on it with stock rims.

I was looking at these 2 rims

U.S. Wheel 204-5734P - U.S. Wheel 204 Series Stealth Blade Black Wheels - Overview - SummitRacing.com

U.S. Wheel 044-5734P - U.S. Wheel 044 Series Stealth Crawler Black Wheels - Overview - SummitRacing.com

the only difference between the 2 that i can see is the offset one is +6 and the other is +13

so will the offset make that much difference? since it is just 8mm right?

and since the backspacing is 4.5 will i rub with the tires i have now?

thanks in advance

Old 04-29-2012, 03:32 AM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

Hmm.. that makes no sense.. If the back spacing is the same for both and the rim width is the same for both then the offset would also have to be the same for both. the back spacing is the distance from the back edge of the rim to the mounting surface (where the lugs go through) inside the rim. offset is the distance from the mounting surface to the center of the rim. so they kinda go hand in hand with each other, so idk how that site figures that they are different.

But anyways.. with 30" tires and 4.5 inch back spacing you will rub a little with stock height. if its lifted then it wont rub as much. the part that rubs is the outside edge (not inside edge) of the tire when you turn. it rubs the bottom rear corner of the fender. it shouldnt be to bad tho

Old 04-29-2012, 04:18 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

I like the stealth blade

Old 04-29-2012, 01:49 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

They are both 15x7s with 4.5 backspacing. Exactly what my 'Maro wheels are. I am lifted 2 inches with 31s, but look at how much my wheels stick out front and back in my sig pic. I know yours are 9.50 and mine are 10.50, but you will still stick out a bit and I think you'll like the aggressive stance. Imo, 9.50s fit great on a 15x7 wheel (better than a 10.50 or bigger)

But you're going with 30s at stock height with these wheels. The front wheels will most likely rub on the back of the fender. Trimming will most likely be in your future if you get either of these.

Last edited by tibby; 04-29-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:17 PM
Beginning Member
krunk357 is on a distinguished road

Ok so what I'm getting from that is that either one of those wheels will work regardless of the offset, and that they will stick out a little which will give me the aggressive stance (which is great, wanted that since I got the 30's put on) but they will rub a bit because of the stance.

If that's what you are meaning then next question is that in the other posts I have read everyone is always talking about 31's, since mine are 30's will a 2" shackle t-bar key lift be enough to let everything clear? And how bad is that lift on the other components, will I be swapping stuff out in a month? a year?

I dont use the blazer for a daily driver cause of mpg and I drive about 80 miles 3 days a week for work but when I'm off I like to drive it here around town.

Sorry for all the questions but I would much rather her from someone here who has had experiences with this stuff verses someone just wanting to sell me something.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:38 AM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

Yeah no problem man, we are here to answer questions.

But the T-bar crank will put more stress on your CV joints which will make them wear out faster, now the more you crank them the worse it gets. 1.5 inches (about 5-6ish turns of the bolt) is alright and things wont be to greatly effected. if you do 2 inch shackles then you would only go 1.5 inches on the T-bar because the back naturally sags over time, and then things should be back to level. So if the Blazer isnt a DD i wouldn't worry at all about things wearing out. maybe in about 2 years you will need to do a CV job, but you just gotta keep listening for them and paying attention to them.

Oh and yes this lift should give you enough room to run those rims and tires with that offset without really any issues. unless you are turning and flexing all the way out at the same time.