Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

newer trailblazer tire question

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 05:30 PM
bigbill23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default newer trailblazer tire question

Alrighty folks here my ? .... I work for firestone as the service manager. Firestone is a one stop shop we do it all, tires, repair work, and preventive maintence work. Now me being the service manager i dont pay too much attention to the tire side of the firestone. But we have this HUGE tire sale goin on right now, and of course i as an employee already get good discounts on tires but we get an extra 35% off of the sale price. and this sale now some tires are like 50% off plus my additional 35% so u can imagine how crazy im goin trying to help my boss out with his tire bonus and hook some good people up at the same time. My brother in law is all about cars and performance and handling and obviously, tires. Hes got a newer(05 06 i think)trailblazer with 2456517 on it. Hes gonna need new ones soon and nows the time to buy em from me. Hes concerned bc the BF Gs that came stock on his are about an inch and half or so taller than the bridgestone alenza he wants to put on it in the same size. For him to match the height of the BF G with the Alenza he would have to go to a 2756518 i believe. Now the height obviously wont matter but he said that the alenza will be a inch wider! The back tires shouldnt be a problem at all but what about the front??? is there gonna be problem in the fitment of the tires in the front?? id hate to sell him a set of tires just for them to rub or not fit at all so anyone have any idea of if it will work or not?? any and all input will be greatly appreciated! Thanks people!

Old 07-05-2007, 11:03 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default RE: newer trailblazer tire question

I am personally no fan of Bridgestone/Firestones at all.
I think you may be wrong about him having to go from a 245/65R17 to a 275/65R18... thats changing the rim size as well as the width. If I were him I would go with a 245/70R17 or a 245/75R17 rather than getting a wider tire. A wider tire should make little difference as to whether or not it rubs. I'd mount one on the front, turn the wheel, if it hits... try a different set or find a lift kit. Most tire service places that I've been to will mount one tire to see if it works, then allow you to buy the set or downsize.