Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

rim help plz

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 10:15 AM
Starting Member
Jfutch101 is on a distinguished road

so how much trimming do i need so there is no rub with a 2in body lift with 31 tires and 4in backspacing i looked in the forum and there where no stickys

Old 06-21-2009, 02:32 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of
Old 06-21-2009, 04:28 PM
Starting Member

ok ty

how do i get more back spacing if the cragar rim doesnt have 6in backspacing

Last edited by Jfutch101; 06-21-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:21 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

like i stated earlier, you can use the cragers with a 4.5"BS but youll have to trim or run a 30" tire. if you do not want to trim and run a 31 youll just have to find a rim you like thats 15x7 and 6" of BS or use your stock rims.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:02 PM
Starting Member

wouldnt 7in wide make the tire over lap alot what if i use 10in wide

Old 06-21-2009, 09:10 PM

ive said this atleast 3times...a 10.5" wide tire will work without any problems on a 7" wide rim, if you want to get a 10" rim then go ahead but youll have to trim. the recomended rim width for a 10.5" wide tire is 7-9".

Old 06-21-2009, 09:57 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

Let's see if I remember this right, if not someone please correct me but I believe rim width + 4" is the rule so on your 15x7 rim you could run up to an 11" wide tire any larger than that and you would need a wider rim but under that you should be fine so as Mike has said 10.5" wide tire will fit your 15x7 rim with absolutely no issues.
NOW that being said i'd grab a set of 2" shackles and crank the tbars (DO NOT crank them more than 1.5" unless you can afford the time and money to constantly replace balljoints and cv shafts) that in addition to your 2" body lift should negate trimming or at the very least minimize it (again someone correct me if im wrong) second gens arent my typical area gimme a first gen and i can recite all this in my sleep without fear of giving wrong info lol.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:03 PM

if he runs 31" tires on a rim with stock specs he'll have no rubbing issues with just a 2" bodylift, but if he goes with a wider rim or a rim with less backspacing he'll have to trim or add more lift.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:24 AM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

Hey, that's a pretty cool thread on fender trimming!...lol.

Ok Jfutch101... I think you are trying to go for the wider tire/wheel look. If you wanna go with 10 inch wide wheels then I suggest you get a set with a 5.5" backspacing... any less and you will have a serious rubbing issue in the front when turning and hitting a bump.

Also, you'll probably need more lift...

Old 06-22-2009, 06:20 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by bandidolenny
Hey, that's a pretty cool thread on fender trimming!...lol.

Ok Jfutch101... I think you are trying to go for the wider tire/wheel look. If you wanna go with 10 inch wide wheels then I suggest you get a set with a 5.5" backspacing... any less and you will have a serious rubbing issue in the front when turning and hitting a bump.

Also, you'll probably need more lift...
right what type of rims are you rocking i was thinking about a cragar soft 8 but they dont make more than 4in back spacing in 15in rims

Quick Reply: rim help plz