Website Problems and Suggestions Need help using the website? Ask here. Have a suggestion to make us better? Tell us here.

Sig error

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 09:17 AM
MrTwister is on a distinguished road
Default Sig error

when trying to link to an external image for my sig, I get an error saying I have linked 2 images, and can oly link one. Not sure what is generating this, as I am only trying to link to one external image...I am using the same tags to link images as normal. [img]external link, then closed tag. Am I doing anything wrong?

Old 10-26-2009, 09:21 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

In your user CP go to "Edit Options" and scroll all the way to the bottom. Make sure the "Message Editor Interface" is set to "Enhanced - Full WYSIWYG Editing". See if that helps.
If not, make sure you are using the direct link to the picture. I'm assuming you've uploaded it with a photo hosting site like photobucket? If so..they provide a link with the IMG tags already on it. You should be able to just copy and past that into your sig.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:40 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What is the image you are trying to link to? Looking through your DeviantArt pictures, I believe it is this one:

If that is the case, you have to keep clicking on the image to get to its actual location. In this case, you were attempting to link to:
Code:
http://darrenmcd.deviantart.com/art/sig-141512263
while the actual link url is:
Code:
http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs51/f/2009/299/9/b/blaz_by_DarrenMcD.jpg
There is a limit of 1 image in signatures, but I do not think this limit was the cause for your concern. I have updated your signature to show this image.

Old 10-26-2009, 01:05 PM
MrTwister is on a distinguished road

thanks boss