2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

None stop blinker relay

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 04:11 PM
Beginning Member
stark05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default None stop blinker relay

My blinker sound is none stop. The blinker lights only run when I put the turn signal on. But the little relay under the glove box is always going. Tick tick tick tick tick tick tick. You get the picture! What is causing this? How can I fix or by pass and still have functioning blinkers? I'm going nuts!!

Old 11-23-2011, 06:46 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

you can try swapping out the turn signal relay itself...but when mine did this it was the multi function switch on the column that went bad and shorted out.

pricey part but not too bad to swap out.
if you do go for that there are a couple of how to's floating around here.

i am sure others will chime in here and help you out too....my guesses are based only on my own exp/issues.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:07 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Please list your vehicle info.

For the 98+, this is most often caused by the hazard switch in the column. This is especially true if the ticking stops when the brake is pressed. Try messing with the hazard switch on top of the column. If you can lightly press it in or push it to the front/back/side and the ticking stops, a new hazard switch might be the only repair you need to make. There is a Tech Article on both the hazard switch replacement as well as the entire multifunction switch replacement. You can find a link to the index in my signature below.

Old 11-24-2011, 04:35 PM
Beginning Member
stark05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Please list your vehicle info.

For the 98+, this is most often caused by the hazard switch in the column. This is especially true if the ticking stops when the brake is pressed. Try messing with the hazard switch on top of the column. If you can lightly press it in or push it to the front/back/side and the ticking stops, a new hazard switch might be the only repair you need to make. There is a Tech Article on both the hazard switch replacement as well as the entire multifunction switch replacement. You can find a link to the index in my signature below.
2000 blazer 4wd

Old 11-24-2011, 04:48 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

push the hazzard switch a tad forward or backward

not to much just enough so you dont break it

see if the click stops when you do so

Old 11-24-2011, 05:12 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
push the hazzard switch a tad forward or backward

not to much just enough so you dont break it

see if the click stops when you do so
Hmm. Exactly what I said except without the Duke brother's county.

Old 11-24-2011, 05:19 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

oh lol i didnt see your above post kyle sorry