General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 10:06 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Finally got a couple things fixed that bothered me for a while:

Replaced the windshield washer valve/jet. (My body shop guy broke that one) While at it and as i had to remove the grille on top anyways: put new spacer tape on, lubed the wiper assys joints, adjusted the wipers properly and remounted all screws with grease.

Put a tow frame on i found with a Chev dealer in the surroundings (new from 1993). Draw tite hitch with 2 1/4" adapter. The next thing will be the electrical connector plug.

Moved my plate holder because of the hitch frame. Using M6 inox stuff, so no more rust on the bumper.

Fixed the release cable for the parking brake. That has been the issue of former trouble, a bent left door, me buying a Saab 2.0 9-5 and the Blazer getting rust done and a paint job all around.

Removed the left door cover, fixed an issue with the locking mechanism that my bodyshop guy forgot to put a couple screws back in place.

Overall a nice satisfactory days work.

Cheers

Old 08-23-2015, 05:09 PM
Starting Member
Franco is on a distinguished road

Cleaned the MAF sensor, changed the air filter and fuel filter and got the requisite arm soaked with fuel...

Old 08-26-2015, 07:21 PM
Beginning Member
ThaDopeShow is on a distinguished road
Default Roof Rack OFF, And Custom Hand Made Molds ON

I removed my roof rack then I didn't want those nasty screws sticking out my roof so I custom made these molds, tell me what you think?

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-20150826_201031.jpg  
Old 08-28-2015, 09:59 PM
Starting Member
No false Bravada is on a distinguished road

New pads and calipers on the rear. Need to gravity bleed all four again, just to be sure.

Old 08-29-2015, 10:12 PM
Beginning Member
Jezza Gadget is on a distinguished road

Drained radiator and removed water pump. Now just waiting for the new one to come in.

Old 08-31-2015, 12:13 AM
Starting Member
2004 Blazer is on a distinguished road

I received my new motor mounts today.I will install them this week. S10 4.3 V6, High Performance Replacement Mounts for 2WD W-10 Trucks & Blazers, Stealth Conversions

Old 08-31-2015, 12:20 PM
DesertStorm is on a distinguished road

broke my drivers CV shaft last night while offroading.. trying to decide if i want to buy new ones? or just keep it 2wd until i do the SAS on it...

Old 09-01-2015, 05:53 AM
Starting Member
donald_archer is on a distinguished road
Default Wate pump

Replaced water pump with new OEM part

Old 09-01-2015, 06:50 AM
truc.karl is on a distinguished road

Bought new speakers. Will create custom mounting bracket for them.

Old 09-01-2015, 05:06 PM
Starting Member
Blazer_4x4 is on a distinguished road

2 years ago I replaced the Blazer's fuel pump with a new Airtex brand fuel pump and replaced the fuel filter as well, last week my fuel pump Shat'nered the bed, it took a dump and once again needed replacement, so while calling around for a replacement fuel pump I was haunted by the words of one of our Blazer Forum Moderators richphotos who said and I Quote: "These trucks eat cheaper parts like a piranha eats a zebra" So I blamed myself for trying to save a couple bucks the first time around which resulted in the untimely death of the cheaper fuel pump, now I was determined to settle for nothing less than 'merican made ACDelco
I received my ACDelco fuel pump and ACDelco fuel filter in the mail. I called a buddy of mine and asked if he could give me a hand with dropping the gas tank, since it was over half full and was gonna be a hand full to balance on the floor jack with all of the weight of the fuel inside. I proceeded to school him on the importance of settling for nothing less than an American made GM direct replacement part, over the cheaper less reliable Chinese parts that are flooding the auto parts stores these days. We get the pump swapped out and the filter changed and as we're cleaning up the tools and other stuff on the driveway, my buddy says "Hey, remind me again why it was so important to replace that fuel pump with an ACDelco" He's holding the box facing the bottom of it at me so I can read the fine print MADE IN CHINA

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-2ut3oyp.jpg  

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?