General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 09:35 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Nice Duster!

The Blazer must feel like a cheap POS after driving that for a bit, I bet.

I should've kept my '72 El Camino instead of buying an '07 Silverado 1500 new back then. The 'Camino gave me much less grief.

Glad the repair was an easy one. Sounds like the coil was split. Didn't know they still filled them with electrolyte. Back in the day, those tower coils were filled to the brim with PCBs. If you forgot and left the key on when the points were closed, they'd boil the stuff right out the sides.

Old 10-15-2016, 02:00 PM
Beginning Member
Thnos is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Smitty Smithsonite
Nice Duster!

The Blazer must feel like a cheap POS after driving that for a bit, I bet.

I should've kept my '72 El Camino instead of buying an '07 Silverado 1500 new back then. The 'Camino gave me much less grief.

Glad the repair was an easy one. Sounds like the coil was split. Didn't know they still filled them with electrolyte. Back in the day, those tower coils were filled to the brim with PCBs. If you forgot and left the key on when the points were closed, they'd boil the stuff right out the sides.
The Blazer is just my work car, an yeah the Demon is much better handling and a lot more comfortable but I hate taking it out in morning traffic, it distracts other drivers And I dunno about the coil having electrolyte, I just figured some water worked its way in there. That coil had been like that since I got it and I always wondered if it should have been. Oh well, It starts a lot faster now anyway.

Old 10-15-2016, 05:57 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Replace oil cooler lines with modified lines

Old 10-15-2016, 07:58 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Will be doing an oil change tomorrow on the TB... crazy to think that this I6 takes 7 quarts of oil.

Old 10-16-2016, 12:49 PM
Rusty Nuts is on a distinguished road

Rear brake rotors, pads, parking brake shoes and hardware, rear monroe load adjusting shocks # 58523 should put up with my bs, fuel tank filler neck, and floor mats to show it some love before the snow comes.

Last edited by Rusty Nuts; 10-16-2016 at 12:57 PM. Reason: added part #
Old 10-20-2016, 09:33 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Got the oil filter in the mail. That is it.

Oh and gave some people at work some audio demos.

Old 10-23-2016, 04:42 PM
ski9600 is on a distinguished road

So, 2k Blazer 4wd, 4 door, the left front window lift motor wasn't working. Turns out the rivets failed and the window was jammed in the up position (thanks FSM). New window regulator and motor from Napa was $51 plus labor. Glad to have this done, mechanic says he will fix up my body side moulding soonish. After that he's done working on this POS. ffff, darn, EDIT: still need the LF door hinges fixored.

Last edited by ski9600; 10-23-2016 at 04:49 PM.
Old 11-13-2016, 07:18 PM
Starting Member
Brian K. Balzer is on a distinguished road
Default Online Tires

It's been awhile since I've been on here. Had to put 'Old Blue' on hold for financial reasons after getting the engine built and installed. (nothing fancy, just a 3.1 from a 91 Camaro) Also had to have the transmission rebuilt but then I got stuck at the mass of vacuum lines. Recently met a friend of a friend who is a mechanic who said he'd do them for me and set the timing to get it running. Towed it over there yesterday and he called today to say 'It lives!" He hooked up all of the vacuum lines and set the timing for $80. I don't think I got hurt on that deal. Now tomorrow I'll go tow it to an exhaust shop to get the Y-pipe bolted on since neither of us were able to compress those blasted springs. Then I'll tow it to the transmission shop so he can inspect the transmission and make sure it's installed correctly for warranty purposes.

My question is this; I remember seeing a thread or comment on here about getting great deals on tires online. However, I can't for the life of me seem to find it. I think I had it bookmarked in my old laptop which died but that obviously does me no good. Does anyone have a link or suggestions on the best place to get great deals?

Old 11-15-2016, 12:18 AM
EponymousX is on a distinguished road
Default Brakes

2000 Blazer LS
4D, 4x4, 4.3L

(Just writing that in until I get my signature sorted)

I knew the brakes were effed when I bought it, so today I had the pads and rotors replaced along with the caliper hardware and had it greased, a couple fuses replaced. It still needs more suspension and gasket work, but at least when it stops, it doesn't feel like a go cart brake. lol.

Old 11-25-2016, 08:28 PM
Beginning Member
Ridge is on a distinguished road

85 S10 Blazer 4WD. Got snow tires mounted on it on Wednesday. My summer car in the background.

I have a lot of plans for the weekend, and decided to get all the prep done today!

The mirror that came with the truck is hot garbage, so I decided to replace it with a manual mirror I took off my summer car. I installed the mirror on the bracket, and while attempting to adjust the mirror, the bracket was ripped off the windshield!
After grumbling about that for a few minutes, I head off to the junkyard to see what I could find.

I replaced the broken driver seat bracket, it's a helluva lot more comfortable to ride around in now!

After that, I swung by the auto parts store and picked up everything I need for a full brake job on the truck (the rear brakes/parking brake are toast, and the fronts are in unknown condition).

Feeling like I have been making progress, I decide to adjust my headlights while I'm in front of a large, featureless building, since they both aim down. I begin adjusting the driver side, give the elevation screw almost a full twist, and it breaks! So now the driver headlight is centered on the ground about 5 feet ahead of the truck.

So, I hopped online and bought some projector housings and plan to install those when they come in, since the sealed beams have mediocre output, anyways. I think I'll see if I can get the windshield replaced this weekend.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-pbs01aql.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-jtdndlol.jpg  

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?