General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 01:31 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

took e brake linkage behind rotors apart. rusted frozen, freed them up ,greased them up, adjusted them and now have ebrakes. A simple thing like putting them on once a month will save this headache. Have also heard its a good thing to engage your 4wd once a month or so. keep things lubricated and working in your front transalxe

Old 08-21-2016, 05:53 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Did the front brakes on the TB today, I actually had Chelsea do them with little help from me.
She did a damn good job too.
Brakes are quite a bit larger on this thing than the Jimmy.

Old 08-21-2016, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by richphotos
Did the front brakes on the TB today, I actually had Chelsea do them with little help from me.
She did a damn good job too.
Brakes are quite a bit larger on this thing than the Jimmy.
Pics of said labor happening or I call BS!!!

Old 08-22-2016, 07:55 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Pics of said labor happening or I call BS!!!
its funny, her mom was saying that the whole time because we used her driveway (live in an apartment) I have her change her own oil too, good to know the basics.

I am glad I got her to do her brakes, if she is going to stop like an indy car driver and wear them down fast, she better know how to change them!

Old 08-22-2016, 03:12 PM
BF Veteran

Ordered a kit to disable the DRLs on this.
A relay and color matched wires to tap into the BCM under the rear seat.

Old 08-22-2016, 05:30 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by richphotos
Ordered a kit to disable the DRLs on this.
A relay and color matched wires to tap into the BCM under the rear seat.
Which one did you get? I just found the one I took out of my '04 Rainier before trading it in including the instructions.

Old 08-22-2016, 06:32 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Which one did you get? I just found the one I took out of my '04 Rainier before trading it in including the instructions.
I got it from this place.

gmt-mods

Old 08-23-2016, 05:50 AM
truc.karl is on a distinguished road

I changed the diff oils and rotated the tires.

Old 08-23-2016, 06:48 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

ordered a fifth Deegan 38 tire so I can have a matching spare

Old 08-23-2016, 09:58 PM
Starting Member
2004 Blazer is on a distinguished road

Whew Boy ! What a day. Decided to start doing the front end "tune up" today. Didn't finish it either ! First off on the left side upper rear A arm bolt is seized in the sleeve,it wont budge, it is soaked as best I can with PB and stewing overnight. While I was jacking I rotated the tires,noticed some uneven wear. Got the shocks out of the way,just finished ordering new Bilsteins for the front and new oil filter to rad lines. I have misplaced my two jaw puller, No Torsion bar removal today because of that ! Then my compressor gave up the ghost ! Put the new Pitman arm on the '98 Grand Cherokee steering box and got that in and lines swapped. Steering Box Upgrade - Car Craft Magazine http://www.chevelles.com/techref/pdf...ar01ja2013.pdf New Idler arm is in also. Tie rods are off. center link and sway bar will be cleaned up and touch up paint. I'll be back at it tomorrow ! P.S 192,500 and I found an original equipment riveted upper ball joint ! Haven't looked closely at the lowers yet !

Last edited by 2004 Blazer; 08-23-2016 at 11:45 PM. Reason: add photo

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?