Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Front end completely shakes under speed. Here are my parts to change out. Am I missing anything?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 06:03 PM
Beginning Member
jdpilot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Front end completely shakes under speed. Here are my parts to change out. Am I missing anything?

Did balljoints last year. They check out fine. The front end wobbles at 65 mph +.

So, I am going to replace the following on my 97 blazer with 200000miles

-Pitman
-Idler arm
-Tie rod ends (inner and outer???)
-Wheel bearings (left and right)

Anything else I am missing in this project???

Old 11-09-2008, 06:48 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Front end completely shakes under speed. Here are my parts to change out. Am I missing anything?

Why not start by checking those components and only replace the ones that show play?...

Old 11-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Beginning Member
Clay_Assassin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Front end completely shakes under speed. Here are my parts to change out. Am I missing anything?

I'm with Kyle. You may replace all that stuff to find out your steering box is shot, which is pretty typical on these blazers from what I've seen. Find out what's bad, then replace.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:54 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Agreed, and four parts you forgot is upper and lower control arm bushings. Might also want to check sway bar bushings and the steering stabilizer, if so equipped.

Old 11-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Millertime21 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a shake up front not to long ago. My buddy suggested to rotate my tires (hadn't been done in over a year) and now it rides nice and smooth. Just an idea.