Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

opinions on wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 12:40 PM
Beginning Member
dirtydave is on a distinguished road
Default opinions on wheels

Ok so my shackles are installed, my t/b is cranked and my blazer is looking alot better. My next plan is to order my wheels and tires, ive decided on running BF Goodrich Mud Terrains 32x11.5x15 as ive seen people on here with the same mods i have running tires this size.

Ok so heres my real question, if its better to keep the backspacing as close to stock why is everyone running Cragar soft 8s with 4 inchs of backspacing instead something like this.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CL...34-5/?rtype=10
They are nearly the same only the Bart Wheels have 5 inches of backspacing. What i really want to know is which tire i will be less likely to have rubbing issues with.

From what i have read keeping the backspacing close to stock is better, but my logic is saying that going with a wider tire i would be less likely to rub if it stuck out a little further (less backspacing). Im assuming from everything ive read i am wrong about this, so could someone please explain to me why.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:09 PM
Beginning Member

im guessing the bart wheels arent really designed for what i would be using them for, and there really isnt to many other choices so im going to go ahead and order the soft 8s, no one has responded to me but if its not the best choice then alot of people must have made bad decisions since it seems like everyone is running them

Old 01-06-2010, 01:15 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

"No one responded"

You do realize you waited just over 30mins before you decided to go ahead with a purchase? You can't expect a reply in that short a time period. This isn't a chat room, it's not instant answers. Most people work during the day so post counts are down in the morning/afternoon and up in the evening.
Please be patient next time in waiting for a reply.
Soft 8's are a good choice IMO. There are a lot of members on here with them.

Also, please don't double post. It is against the rules. There is an "edit" button which you can use to edit your OP to include your second message.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:21 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Stock back spacing is 6". So a 5" and 4.5" backspace is fine. The lower the number the more the wheels stick out past the fenders which will cause it to rub on the fenders.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Beginning Member

yea i realize i didnt give it much time im just used to some other forums where people post alot faster and often, sorry for being impatient and i didnt realize there was a rule against double posting, now i know,

and i only decided to go ahead with the purchase after looking around alot more and realizing that there really arent to many choices out there, plus with so many people running them i couldnt really go wrong

Old 01-06-2010, 02:39 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Personally, I would have went with the 5" backspacing. You'll find out why if you find yourself offroad while turning and full compression up front. Though, with the amount of lift you put on you may get away without any trimming.