1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

you light up my life....HEADLIGHTS

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 03:43 AM
kakn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: you light up my life....HEADLIGHTS

all the lights stay on. the 2 under the dash and the dome light. i checked the dimmer switch on the dash and the door. one door open then the other then both etc... at first the dome light didnt work at all while all the others did. upon further inspection some one had cut up an overhead console from a newer blazer and installed it. my blazer has a sun roof so they cut to fit. the dome light was never hooked up. i did find the wires taped up under the dome light housing. hooked up a light and wall laa...i got power. but all my interior lights stay on. the light in the back isnt a problem because of the switch to turn it on and off but i hat knowing i have interior lights that always stay on. at the same time tho i hat carrying around a small flash light at night so i can see in my vehicle.

my blazer had been repainted tho and the door jam switches were painted over. im going to test them tomorrow. im also thinking of installing a piece of the overhead console with map lights in it. it has 2 grounds, 2 constant powers, and 2 other wires that i believe are for the acc. i hooked it up in the house with a power invertor and they all worked fine. o well

and yea, i live in hanna city, about 25 minutes from east peoria. actually i grew up in east peoria off of muller road on gem st.

Old 12-15-2006, 03:51 AM

heres a pic i hope sorry its so big, cant figure how to make it smaller

Old 12-15-2006, 10:43 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

No way!
Gem street eh?
My wife grew up on Gem street, and her dad still lives in the same house.We live 1 block from Shute school.
Small world.

Not sure about your truck, however the switch in the back also leaves all the lights on all the time. I discovered that on accdient one day in the '93. We (my son or I) accidently flipped that switch after a camping trip while unloading the gear. Took us a while to figure it out.

Old 12-16-2006, 02:32 AM

i lived on that street for almost 12 years. im 27 now and when i drive thru that neighbor hood nothing changed.

i havent checked to see if all the lights go off with the switch in the back. i do know that it shuts the light in the back off.....maybe i'll go check that now.

Old 12-16-2006, 03:22 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

You might know my brother in law then. He lives in the culdusac at the end. Little house on teh East side, wife & two kids, boy and a girl. The boy should be about 24-25. Tyler is his name.

Old 12-16-2006, 05:23 AM

there was a kid that lived right across the street from me named tyler and his sister. i used to live in the white house right across the street. my old house used to have 3 ducks on the garage door. there was also a kid named tyler that lived to the right of our old house but he was about 5 years older than me.