2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

[electrical][AC] Blower motor question

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 07:49 PM
xboarder56 is on a distinguished road
Post [electrical][AC] Blower motor question

So my ac is constently blowing fuses so I test the continuity and found 2 pins that give me a beep I took a picture of it but its the plug that plugs in the blower motor. Kinda knew to car repair and everything so was just trying to work through it myself. The ac will run for a while then blow the 20amp fuse in the side of the dash. I found a total of 3 plugs that plug into the main ac system then like 2 into the blower motor section.

Would that be all the plugs that I would check for??

I attached the pictures below, if you guys have anyother input or some guess i can take more pictures and even a video if you would like. Let me know and thanks everyone for your help and knowledge!!!

Attached Thumbnails [electrical][AC] Blower motor question-20140403_151700-copy.jpg   [electrical][AC] Blower motor question-20140403_151709-copy.jpg   [electrical][AC] Blower motor question-20140403_151154-copy.jpg  
Old 04-03-2014, 10:10 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

What is the year and model? Manual HVAC, not automatic climate control, is that correct? The first & second images are the blower motor resistor. The third one is the clutch cycling switch. What number is next to the fuse in the fuse panel? Does the blower stop working or does the compressor clutch stop engaging?

Last edited by Captain Hook; 04-03-2014 at 10:12 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
What is the year and model? Manual HVAC, not automatic climate control, is that correct? The first & second images are the blower motor resistor. The third one is the clutch cycling switch. What number is next to the fuse in the fuse panel? Does the blower stop working or does the compressor clutch stop engaging?
So its a 1996 chevy blazer 4.3L 4x4, the hvac not sure in manual or automatic is their something i can look at to tell me? Compressor seems to be the problem but i belive the reason it stops is due to the fuse blowing all the time.

The fuse is the ac compressor fuse 10amp fuse.

the first picture shows the arrows of the 2 points i checked with the multimeter that im guessing that the short is comming from causing the fuse to blow but not totally sure.

thanks for the help captain

Old 04-04-2014, 02:44 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

In your images, the plug with 4 wires is for the blower resistor. Totally seperate circuit from the A/C clutch, (that's not the problem).

Automatic climate control has degree markings around the temperature selector dial, manual HVAC does not.

Unplug the A/C compressor clutch electrical connector located right next to the compressor pulley. The connector has two wires: dark green and black. Make sure the fuse is good. Turn the mode switch to MAX A/C, and drive the vehicle. See if the fuse blows. If it does not, the clutch field is shorted and needs replacement. Post your results.

Old 04-06-2014, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
In your images, the plug with 4 wires is for the blower resistor. Totally seperate circuit from the A/C clutch, (that's not the problem).

Automatic climate control has degree markings around the temperature selector dial, manual HVAC does not.

Unplug the A/C compressor clutch electrical connector located right next to the compressor pulley. The connector has two wires: dark green and black. Make sure the fuse is good. Turn the mode switch to MAX A/C, and drive the vehicle. See if the fuse blows. If it does not, the clutch field is shorted and needs replacement. Post your results.
So I believe the circuit that is bad is the one that plus into the a.c. tank where you put he r134a into I unplugged the sensor over their ac has been running for 2 days now.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:29 PM

If you unplug the cycling switch, (the switch the accumulator) the compresor clutch should not/will not engage. If it does, there's a short elsewhere in the circuit.