2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

1996 Blazer project; insight appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 08:21 PM
07nhbpsi is on a distinguished road

Doesn't sound as if he wanted any opinions......already had his mind made up......lol perfect example of why I choose to not reply to many threads here:icon

Old 12-19-2014, 11:30 PM
Beginning Member
Radio is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 07nhbpsi
Doesn't sound as if he wanted any opinions......already had his mind made up......lol perfect example of why I choose to not reply to many threads here:icon
I wanted "insight". An understanding of blazers regarding their flaws, strengths, fair pricing, etc. Someone telling me I'm in over my head, or that I need to throttle back or even that I should go and get something else in my budget isn't mechanical insight. I don't need people making assumptions and thinking they know what my situation is.

I'm in a bind and someone I knew happened to have a running vehicle when I didn't. Yes there's work to be done on it and yes the guy turned out to be an aging stoner moron, but life happens. I already found more or less all the parts needed to revert the jury rigging on this blazer back to stock. Just need resources at this point is all.

That simple.

That's also why I said this thread can be closed.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:25 AM
Beginning Member
Radio is on a distinguished road

So, the guy I was buying the hunk of crap blazer from wound up taking it back and giving me my money I had paid thus far back. The whole situation was bs, but so is his sketchy lifestyle. I'm just glad to be rid of that hunk of crap. Too bad the same guy is the landscaper for where I live.

Any rate, I have no blazer thus no reason to post here any further. Take care folks.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:29 AM
TZFBird is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by LeWhite
Not to berate you but, and thats a big BUT, you are in a financial bind because you make decisions like this, buying a $500 vehicle for 1000. And you just made a baby also. Shees bro pull back on the stick a little. A close frend of mine just bought an S10 pu for$1800 (soCA prices). Pretty good condition. I had started to help him with some reliability issues and what did he go and do. Yup you guessed it; bad decision. Went on a three day bender with the SES light burning a hole in his retina. I was just about to put some stock rims with some near new tires on his truck so he could start making some money with it. You guessed again; blown gasket! And he parked it in the same spot for 72hrs, got a ticket 72hrs later it was towed.
Moral, ftds. You will never get what you paid plus what you put into that truck. (even if your labor rate is 65cents an hour)
It's like your talking to me. Except I'm not in a financial bind. I just think I can transform junk into something good for next to nothing and then end up spending what it would have cost to start with a vehicle in better shape.

I'm sure Radio is gone after the lashing he got but I have found out that a Blazer is not for anyone in financial troubles. An 80's Grand Am is up his ally since they are cheap and will run even when the odds are against it.

After reading through what it needed it does sound like a lot. But Radio, automotive electronics are just about the last thing I want to work on and I worked electrical maintenance on German pharmaceutical equpiment. Unless that's what you do for a living or have some background in it, I would stay away. Then again maybe you have painted a picture that sounds worse than it actually is.
Good luck and I hope things turn around for you soon.