General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

I Need Some Insight

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 03:37 PM
ZaBlazer99 is on a distinguished road
Default I Need Some Insight

So lately me and buddy have been throwing around ideas for what to do with my blazer, and we both agreed on lifting it. But in the last couple of days I had a thought, and this is what I need all of ya'll input about, is that why don't I pre-run my blazer. I have never seen this done before with a blazer and I think that it will be a better fit for my blazer sense it is only 2 wheel drive and pre runners are commonly 2 wheel drive. Would this be a good idea to run with? Or are there many problems with it? Tell me what you guys think about this idea please, i dont even care if you guys think its a horrible idea I just need input on it before I start saving up for parts.

Old 08-24-2012, 06:30 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Sure it can be done, just depends on money & know-how.
I've seen tubular upper control arms for 2wd blazers online that add lift. 2wd have coil springs upfront & there should be a few after market products for lifting them as well as shocks, rear shackles or a SOA (spring over axle) mod.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:31 AM

Well I found a pre runner kit for a S10 and Im thinking that it sould just be transferable right on too the blazer. Right? Sense the frame is the same as a S10 it should just work that way?

Old 08-27-2012, 09:51 AM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

As long as it's for the same year or generation blazer I don't see why not. Keep in mind though I'm not familiar with a pre runner kit. But they're S10 blazers.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:05 AM

Ya that was what I was thinking. I just dont know if the long arm parts for the S10 are going to have to be modified so i get the full travel. I just hate not having a lot of travel in my independent front suspension, means i actually have to slow down for the bigger bumps, and no drifting in rough dirt. Does anyone know where i can get my hands on a specs sheet of the steering on our blazers?

Old 09-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Presti7 is an unknown quantity at this point

I lifted a 2wd S10 pickup and threw a locker in the rear axle and it would climb mountains a regular 4wd couldn't touch. There's a tank trail training area on Ft Dix and we even took it out one weekend and hauled rear through that sand road throwing roosts 20 feet behind the truck.

Your project will be cheap and fun. I'd keep your front and rear sway bars....trust me....you'll want to keep them. My 92 used lift spindles and relocated the front ball joints I believe, was a long time ago. There might have even of been spacers for the ball joints.the bigger springs that came with the kit were a BEAR to get in.

I used march under drive pulleys and a better intake. Y'd the exhaust after the cat for fake dual exhausts w/ cherry bombs. Everyone thought it had a 350 in it. Everyone also swore it was a 4x4.

I ordered some black wagon wheel stock car rims from summit and were offset so they'd stick out. Rims were so light you could pick them up with your pinky. They had stickers on them "not for on road use". They were Tough! 45mph jump and went 5-6 feet in the air. Weekly speed runs up the PA turnpike doing over 100mph."

You'll really have fun with your "pre-runner". Best money I ever spent.

Old 09-01-2012, 03:06 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

check out dezertdimes.com they are all about that Pre-runner stuff

Old 09-01-2012, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Presti7
I lifted a 2wd S10 pickup and threw a locker in the rear axle and it would climb mountains a regular 4wd couldn't touch. There's a tank trail training area on Ft Dix and we even took it out one weekend and hauled rear through that sand road throwing roosts 20 feet behind the truck.

Your project will be cheap and fun. I'd keep your front and rear sway bars....trust me....you'll want to keep them. My 92 used lift spindles and relocated the front ball joints I believe, was a long time ago. There might have even of been spacers for the ball joints.the bigger springs that came with the kit were a BEAR to get in.

I used march under drive pulleys and a better intake. Y'd the exhaust after the cat for fake dual exhausts w/ cherry bombs. Everyone thought it had a 350 in it. Everyone also swore it was a 4x4.

I ordered some black wagon wheel stock car rims from summit and were offset so they'd stick out. Rims were so light you could pick them up with your pinky. They had stickers on them "not for on road use". They were Tough! 45mph jump and went 5-6 feet in the air. Weekly speed runs up the PA turnpike doing over 100mph."

You'll really have fun with your "pre-runner". Best money I ever spent.

How much did you lift your s10? Cause ill totally do something like that! Sounds like it is a hell of a lot of fun. And also where did you get the parts?