2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

95 Blazed No Start

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

95=CPI which has one single batch fired injector that feeds 6 individual pressure actuated poppet nozzles located down in the intake runners.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:29 AM
Beginning Member
SSTBDriver is on a distinguished road
Default More on 95 Blazer No Start

I finally got the blazer to start but I have a concern if others have experienced a condition relating to the fuel pressure regulator. I purchased a regulator from Auto Zone, installed it and the truck started. Drove great for a day then the original problem resurfaces. Replaced the regulator again (warranty) and the truck ran great for four days then the problem reappeared once again. Replaced a third regulator yesterday and the vehicle runs but it has a hesitation. My question is would there be something that makes the regulator quit working or? It seems that once I change the regulator the truck start normally but after extended driving it reverts back to hesitating and actually not starting.
FYI, the following components have been replaced with this problem:

ECM, ignition module, cap, rotor, wires, plugs, coil and fuel pressure regulator (three times). Fuel pressure at the rail is 59 psi.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks, Rich

Old 05-12-2011, 03:47 PM
Beginning Member
waviaerith is on a distinguished road

Any luck with this problem? I'm having a very similar issue and I'd really like some direction of where to go. Thx!

Old 05-13-2011, 08:00 AM
Beginning Member
SSTBDriver is on a distinguished road

Problem resolved! After the third fuel pressure regulator (warranty exchange) I ended up replacing the fuel injection spider. After everything I did, prior to the spider, the fuel pressure regulators would allow the vehicle to run. I got four days on the first, then it went downhill from there. This is the second fuel system spider I've changed in the thirteen years I've had the truck. The first one went out around 100K and this one bit the dust at 190K. Anyway, the truck runs good (knock on wood) now so all I can say is I hope my situation helps others.