2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

97 Blazer 4 dr Passenger Side Power Mirror Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 11:32 AM
crags is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 97 Blazer 4 dr Passenger Side Power Mirror Replacement

I have to replace the power mirror on the passenger side of my truck does any one by chance know how this done? How do I go about removing the one that is broken???

Any help appreciated.
Carol

Old 01-28-2009, 12:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 97 Blazer 4 dr Passenger Side Power Mirror Replacement

You have to first remove the inside door panel. There will then be three or so nuts you remove that hold the mirror onto the door frame. You will also probably have an electrical connection to disconnect before fully removing the mirror.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:33 PM
Starting Member
dBsound is an unknown quantity at this point

Removing your door skin is the hardest part. The mirror itself is easy. Watch for the two hidden bolts, that hold your door handle to the door.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:39 PM
idr
Beginning Member
idr is an unknown quantity at this point

You know I have a question about the door panels if someone does not mind. Was in there the other day as a matter of fact replacing the mirrors. To the guy with the mirror, it is easy once you remove the door. One screw by the door handle and do not forget to pry out the little keeper the screw screws into and do not loose it. Then you look inside your armrest, you will see a little plastice cap that is narrow and about 3 inches long, gently pry that up and take out those two bolts. The sides have these white plastice things on them that go into the metal frame of the door so pull out the bottom and them pull out on the sides, one at a time then you you have to lift up as the top of the door panel has a lip on it that secures itself in the window track. You will see what to do behind the mirror there

My question is this, how the heck do you actually remove the door panel from the car ? I got it up, can kind of turn it up or down but the actually inside door handle is holding the thing on. Cannot figure how to get that off and the hole for the door handle is not big enough so as to kinda wiggle the pannel off the handle. Thanks guys

Old 01-28-2009, 01:43 PM
Starting Member
dBsound is an unknown quantity at this point

You need a socket on an extension. Or a nutdriver.