2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

? About fuel line o-rings on 2003 4.3 Vortec

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2018 | 07:47 AM
|
Beginning Member
vetplus40 is on a distinguished road
Default ? About fuel line o-rings on 2003 4.3 Vortec

I have done a lot of research and got conflicting info, so I wanted to ask here. I am in the process of replacing my lower intake manifold. I bought the kit that has new O-rings but I am confused as to where they go. The kit has three small o-rings that are different sizes, and one larger one that might be for the fuel pressure regulator. There are two that I think go on the supply and return fuel line, but I think that I put these in the wrong place. I put them on the end of the lines that go inside the spider housing and tore one in the process. I blew compressed air in the fuel cavity and blew out my torn O-ring (got lucky) and also blew out part of another O-ring (have no ides where that one came from). When I removed the fuel lines originally, the lines just "popped" out and no O-rings came with it.
I found one youtube video that showed two O-rings on the back mechanical connections for the fuel lines located near the firewall. When I took my fuel lines loose during intake removal, no O-ring was noticed. I guess it is possible that they were dry rotted and simply fell out when I took the lines loose. Those fittings look like some type of "flare" fittings and I am not used to putting O-rings on flare type fittings. This is why I did not think that the replacement O-rings went there. If there is some type of O-ring or assembly that goes inside of the spider housing, I do not see one anywhere. I also have no idea where the third (largest of the smaller) O-ring goes that came in the kit.
Thanks for any help as I so don't want to put this thing back together and have fuel issues..........

Last edited by vetplus40; 03-31-2018 at 07:56 AM.
Old 03-31-2018 | 08:37 AM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

Here you go. They are probably still in the injector assembly, underneath the plastic retainers. You may have to carefully use a pick to pull the old plastic retainers first

Old 03-31-2018 | 09:10 AM
|
Beginning Member
vetplus40 is on a distinguished road

I saw that drawing in my search, but it didn't look like what I have. Then again, the spacers did not come out when I pulled the fuel lines from the spider assembly. In addition, nothing like that type of O-rings, spacers, etc. came in the intake gasket kit either.
Your drawing does not show the other fuel like connection near the firewall, do you know if O-rings actually are installed there? I also have a third little O-ring that I have no clue as to where it goes.

This is the first time that I have tackled this type of repair and I never imagined that the hardest part was going to be changing out O-rings.........

BTW, thank you for your reply.