2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Had Tail Pipe Exhaust Installed, it's Vibrating Against Car??

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 01:02 PM
Beginning Member
Beach_Bum is on a distinguished road
Default Had Tail Pipe Exhaust Installed, it's Vibrating Against Car??

Hi All,

I just started an unrelated thread about a more pressing fuel line issue, but have been meaning to ask this as well.

I had some work put into the car of late for very cheap. Basically I bought ebay brake pads/rotors and shocks for cheap and had a local family friend mechanic install them. While at it they replaced the tail pipe since it had a hole in it.

So after getting car back I began noticing a noise from the rear right. And before this was dumbfounded as to why the tail pipe was now coming out the side (or diagonal near rear) of the car as opposed to straight back. Well not sure where they got the part from but that is the shape of the tail pipe, it curves outward.

The worst part is it sits against the rear side of the blazer metal. So I think while driving this is vibrating and causing a loud noise at times. Maybe the noise is something else but I doubt it.

is there an easy fix to create space between the two? Or should I complain and have a new tail pipe installed?

Thanks guys. Here are a few pics:

Attached Thumbnails Had Tail Pipe Exhaust Installed, it's Vibrating Against Car??-nq7n3xr.jpg   Had Tail Pipe Exhaust Installed, it's Vibrating Against Car??-nddvjpj.jpg   Had Tail Pipe Exhaust Installed, it's Vibrating Against Car??-qpcwvua.jpg  
Old 12-25-2015, 01:19 PM
Toocute350 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Beach_Bum
Hi All,

I just started an unrelated thread about a more pressing fuel line issue, but have been meaning to ask this as well.

I had some work put into the car of late for very cheap. Basically I bought ebay brake pads/rotors and shocks for cheap and had a local family friend mechanic install them. While at it they replaced the tail pipe since it had a hole in it.

So after getting car back I began noticing a noise from the rear right. And before this was dumbfounded as to why the tail pipe was now coming out the side (or diagonal near rear) of the car as opposed to straight back. Well not sure where they got the part from but that is the shape of the tail pipe, it curves outward.

The worst part is it sits against the rear side of the blazer metal. So I think while driving this is vibrating and causing a loud noise at times. Maybe the noise is something else but I doubt it.

is there an easy fix to create space between the two? Or should I complain and have a new tail pipe installed?

Thanks guys. Here are a few pics:

I would just take it back to the guy who did this.He should have seen this while installing the tail pipe.But I`m sure a couple of other members will have a better answer for you since I buy from summit racing, and I don`t know what i`m talking about.

Old 12-25-2015, 10:11 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Toocute350
I would just take it back to the guy who did this.He should have seen this while installing the tail pipe.But I`m sure a couple of other members will have a better answer for you since I buy from summit racing, and I don`t know what i`m talking about.
You are special!

I agree with you on this, shocking, I know.

You should bring it back to the person who did the work. This is something that they should fix since it is their fault that this issue is happening.