2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

hesitation in 2000 blazer

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 01:36 PM
Beginning Member
keithduke65 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hesitation in 2000 blazer

this is what ive done so far. changed plugs,plug wires,distributer cap and rotary button. cleaned maf sensor,put in fuel injection cleaner. tried supreme gas,tried driving with gas cap off. but this beast still wants to hesitate from 0 to about 40 kmh. sometimes its just bucking until i get to about 50 kmh. also when your are cruising along you can feel it missing. what i dont get is that it idles perfect and if your driving along and you say put it to the mat it will take off just perfectly. i dont know what else to look for????????????????

Old 02-22-2009, 02:32 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: hesitation in 2000 blazer

Remove the ICM (ignition control module) and coil. Take them to your nearest Autozone or Advanced Auto and have them tested repeatedly to heat them up.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:39 PM
Starting Member
SockJock is an unknown quantity at this point

You also didn't give the mileage of the vehicle. Could be several things. I assume you've also checked forvacuum leaks.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:52 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Possibly the throttle position sensor.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:33 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Lets keep all of the hesitation related questions in this thread here... Your other discussion on "vacuum resovoir" morphed into your hesitation discussion, but because that thread was really started about something different, I will keep this thread open for the hesitation discussion.

From a new thread created recently on this exact topic by the OP:
ORIGINAL: keithduke65

here we go again? changed everything i possibly can ? now heres whats happening and it is driving me crazy, if i unhook the battery for ten minutes or so the blazer runs fine for about 10 klm then it starts to hesitate again , ive tried this 3 times and it happens everytime, can someone please help? im going to go nuts!
Can you define "everything i possibly can"??

The fact that it runs "fine" for 10km and then starts to hesitate seems to point to an open loop to closed loop problem. When in open loop, the PCM is not really paying attention to all of the sensors and is more going off of a predetermined map for engine management. When you disconnect the battery, the PCM looses all of its learned values which would add to the initial open loop time as the PCM relearns these values.

You really should get some readings on the LTFT & STFT (long/short term fuel trims) to see if there is a problem with fuel supply that is happening once the PCM moves to closed loop operation.

Also, did you have your ICM and coil tested?