2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

So my truck failed inspection misserably...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 02:47 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah really man. And I'm sorry but a heavy 80's Caprice with tires only a half inch thick can't be the safest vehicle. Don't get me wrong, I actually like a couple donks I've seen around here. But 98.9% of them are done so ugly and hazard prone. There is a custom shop near my house and the owner is selling his box caprice that has a body lift! Never seen that before. He did the roof in black/white like a checkered flag and the frame the same way since it was showing with the body lift. And he has 26 inch Cabo rims IIRC.

And after all that, has a normal inspection sticker?! Law states that ANY vehicle that has rims or tires two sizes over stock and/or any mods to the suspension to lower or raise it that it requires a modified inspection. And I don't remember a factory option for lifts or dubs on the "box" or "bubble" Chevys, lol. My 3 inch body and 31.4 inch tires require a mod sticker but a car with a 4 inch suspension and 2 inch body and 26's doesn't? Oh well, the price you gotta pay to be a sexy lifted blazer I guess. And it's worth it.

Then agian it's all details. Insurance company considers mom's 00 focus SE to be a "sports car" and have expensive insurance cause it has;
A factory wing, alloy wheels, and a 2.0 liter "zetec" engine.
Yeah, real speed demon when the govenor shuts the engine off at 100 mph.

Last edited by ImScrewed92; 07-10-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:57 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

I love the folks who have a $200 vehicle with $4k in wheels, tires, lift, paint, etc. who have 0 credit and live in an apartment with 2 roomies. Priorities, please.

Old 07-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

lol richard...coldn't agree more lol...ppl would rather sink $ into a car that will last a year or 2..but not thier more imperative financial obligations... that will haunt or follow them for YEARS to come....wow..3 big words..u guys still with me here? lol

Old 07-10-2010, 05:18 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rriddle3
Well, any mods done to a vehicle should be undertaken with state regulations in mind. A junk yard should have the rear sway bar and I would never recommend clamps on an exhaust system.

and why is that? i've never had any issues (factory or otherwise) with any clamped exhaust systems.

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
isn't it in most places you don't have to get inspection the only time a car is inspected is when it gets sold?

here in Ontario, you need to have the vehicle safety inspected, emission tested, and a Used Vehicle Package bought (a $20 "tax").

but that UVP is a joke. it was origionally said to provide a owner & accident history, but there are never any accidents on them-i've actually bought a vehicle that i know was in an accident, but it wasn't shown on the package report.

maybe it only shows write-off's?

I love the folks who have a $200 vehicle with $4k in wheels, tires, lift, paint, etc. who have 0 credit and live in an apartment with 2 roomies. Priorities, please.

but isn't that the Ricer lifestyle?

Old 07-10-2010, 07:52 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
and why is that? i've never had any issues (factory or otherwise) with any clamped exhaust systems.

here in Ontario, you need to have the vehicle safety inspected, emission tested, and a Used Vehicle Package bought (a $20 "tax").

but that UVP is a joke. it was origionally said to provide a owner & accident history, but there are never any accidents on them-i've actually bought a vehicle that i know was in an accident, but it wasn't shown on the package report.

maybe it only shows write-off's?

but isn't that the Ricer lifestyle?
Glad you never have had a problem with clamps, but I have and I have encountered others both here and in person who have. Plus, welding correctly guarantees no exhaust gas leak. That can't be said for clamps.
Ricers weren't exactly the ones to whom I was referring.

Old 07-10-2010, 07:52 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

lol thats funny because even with inspections here you see people driving these ridiculous cars and living in the crappiest places imaginable. I spend a lot of money on my truck but I spend money on other things too. I keep my budget to make sure I have enough money to pay for the important things before I mod my truck. So hopefully everything will be fixed by tomorrow and I won't have to screw around anymore... I really hope so anyway

Old 07-11-2010, 12:25 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Apartments? your people are doing better than those around me. A lot of those cars around me have 26's, two tone or color change paint, ostrich seats, lift kits and big block v8s living in boarded up houses and are dealing drugs to do it. thats the lovelies i see. that is why i wish we had inspections, just so they could fail and be off the road.

check out 313motoring.net and you'll see what i mean

Old 07-11-2010, 01:34 AM
Beginning Member
rocknroadie is on a distinguished road

Clamps aren't allowed on exhausts in PA? News to me, I've never welded an exhaust on any of the cars I've worked on in this state, and never had a problem.

Old 07-11-2010, 11:50 AM
BF Veteran

clamped exhausts will pass. Mine didn't because I was 4 wheeling and hit something and the muffler fell off and it was just hanging there

Old 07-11-2010, 06:16 PM
BF Veteran

I'm sooo close to being over with all of this. Everything is good except my OBD readiness failed? The guy said I have to drive 50-100 miles

Quick Reply: So my truck failed inspection misserably...