2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Turn Signal Failure

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 04:57 PM
skoot61 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Turn Signal Failure

97 Blazer LT 6 cyl Vortex 4x4: Turn signals both right and left just stopped working today. All other functions on the switch work. I checked the fuseand it is good.I would like to know wherethe relay switch is located in this vehicle and what identifies it. I have replaced the entire multi-function switch assembly back in Dec. of 2006.. Am I expecting to much thinking it's unusual that the switch would have that kind of failure so soon? Any comments orinfo greatly appreciated.

Old 03-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Turn Signal Failure

These multifunction switches have issues. Do your brake lights work? If they don't, then I would suspect a problem with the hazard switch in the multifunction switch. This can be replaced separately without disassembling the column. Even if your brake lights do work, try fiddling around with the hazard switch adn see if it makes any difference with your problems...

Old 03-06-2008, 07:02 PM

The brake lights work when pedal is pressed... Emergency flashers workwhen button is pressed... Wipers and washer work.. Headlight high beam works too.. Everything except the turn signals left and right... Could a faulty turn signal relay switch cause the signals from not flashing? Where in the Blazer would I look for the turn signal relay switch be located for a replacement?

Old 03-06-2008, 07:20 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Do you hear clicking when the turn signals are on?

The turn signal flasher should be located under the dash, maybe under the radio or closer to the passenger side. I have some conflicting information as to its location.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:25 PM

There is only a single click when turn signal is turned on..no other continuous clicking heard ..and, no indicator lights appear in dash. Is it likely that the location of these relay switches under the dash can be random from Blazer to Blazer?

Old 03-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Administrator

Seems there were changes... The flasher will most likely be a metal cylinder with two electrical contacts on the bottom of it. Some replacements have a plastic housing.