Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Audio advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 11:05 AM
1 Post is on a distinguished road

There is no question that Dynaudio and Rainbow Audio are top quality brands jagblazer01. However, if we are talking about strictly bass, I would stay with the JL all day. sound quality, that is a different story. Rainbow and Dynaudio surpass JL in quality. But for pure bass, stick with the JL. For clean, high quality SOUND, go with Rainbow Audio or Dynaudio.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:39 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

have you ever worked with RE Audio, FI, or Sundown? They are 1/4 the price of the JL woofers and sound just as good with bass/sq. Not downing JL but Im just stating personal experiences

Old 09-10-2009, 09:52 AM
1 Post is on a distinguished road

haha. I understand dude. everybody has their own personal preference. I prefer JL just because thats what i've been around the most. I like their quality and the reliabailty. I hate the price though. They are way over priced no question! If 67GTO can get the W6's for a good price and they're in good condition, go for it.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:32 AM
67GTO is on a distinguished road

The guy that im am trying to buy these from just told me the subs need to be refoamed. I guessing that means they are worn out? Is this somthing I should stay away from?

Old 09-18-2009, 04:29 AM
Beginning Member
pmpnu2 is on a distinguished road

my first question is do you have the bose factory radio? if so thats a whole new ballgame. i had to buy a $40 harness just so i could change my radio. and i dont know what "refoaming" is but i would suggest looking at other options. kenwood makes decent subs and amps. im a rockford fosgate guy myself, and they have some great stuff that is cheaper, and in my opinion, more reliable than JL. check ebay and you could most likly find a great deal on something suitable for you...

Old 09-21-2009, 02:49 PM
hubbmatt is an unknown quantity at this point

If the guy is talking about "re-foaming" it probably means the surround is degrading. If you have some skill and a way to align the woofer cone with the basket then you could probably do it your self, but if that IS the case then the speakers are probably pretty old or beat to P***. Shop around, from this thread alone you can see some of the good brands out there. I'm a Rockford guy, had mine for over 6 years and they pound like they're brand new (and it's clean/tight bass)! Just don't get sucked into buying a set because of the brand (remember, salesmen are trying to sell you something).