Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

dvd player?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 02:55 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default RE: dvd player?

ORIGINAL: drperry

Nah, I'll just rig up some sort of fancy bracker, and have just the screen there, or something, and put the deck itself down where I'd normally have the ashtray... at -45, you want as much heat blowing as possible, lol
Yeah I feel you on that one with the cold. It gets to -20 to -30 here pretty often and has gotten down to -75 with windchill since I have gone to school up here and you definately want as much heat as possible.

I am wondering how much room you would have behind the HVAC controls if you cut out that plastic, maybe you could do a radio/HVAC switch. I think it would be way harder in the blazer but I know it was fairly simple on my Taurus SHO. I was planning on doing that but then the car got totaled so I never did it.

Old 08-16-2007, 02:58 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

I'm fairly sure there's room where the cig. lighter is... As there's no actual ashtray there, anymore...

For me, reaching the stereo isn't as big of an issue, since I'd only be touching it for volume, most times, lol. Yay for MP3 players...

Old 08-16-2007, 04:28 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: drperry

Nah, I'll just rig up some sort of fancy bracker, and have just the screen there, or something, and put the deck itself down where I'd normally have the ashtray... at -45, you want as much heat blowing as possible, lol

Good point, i forget how cold it gets since i dont live in the northland anymore. Worst it get here is 25, LOL. That would be pretty spiffy monitor setupthough, actually i think they have a few monitors that are almost the same size as 1.5 din that would sit there just nicely.

Actually what ive been looking at is a touch screen lcd for a car pc that i plan on riggin up in dale one of these years. Ideally i would have it be my entire stereo for the truck controlling the radio with a tuner, mp3's via usb and solid state hard drives, sirius radio through an adapter i found once, dvd's through aslot loaddvd drive that i would putwheretheash tray is,and have it all controlled via a program called media portal or through window xp mce. Only issue with it is, im broke as a joke and i need to figure out how to do it to make it look niceand to make it durable.