Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Front Bowtie?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 04:34 AM
PVT Pablo is an unknown quantity at this point

It would look better if the bowtie was smoked. That way during the day it would be black, and at night it would light up the color of your choosing.

You have to think, during the day a clear piece of plastic with a bulb behind it would look lame.

Actually, If you don't want to have a black emblem during the day, use an opaque plastic, that way it will spread the color out more evenly across the emblem.

Old 06-07-2009, 06:26 AM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

Red light = Police
Blue Light = Fire Dept
Green Light = Paramedic
Amber = Safety
White = anything

Try a clear piece of Plexi- Glass, get sum transparent spray paint, spray the back side of the lense get a white or clear led light mount it into the plastic of the grille behind the orig bowtie then make the new bowtie bigger than the orig so it kind of stays outside the bordetr of the orig housing.. You could either grind down the edge of the bowtie area just a ittle bit for roughness and get a good clear silicone and attach it that way to the truck or just get two small bolts or screws and go through the lenses with them and have nuts on the back ...I Just yesterday took everything off the front end of my blazer except for the hood fenders and lighting, when i was taking the bowtie out the little plastic screws that hold it in place broke so now since i work at a car customizing shop.. Now comes all the ideas while i have everything apart for repainting...I`m gonna be putting pics up in my gallery of my removal task..My truck looks very strange...

Old 06-07-2009, 09:08 AM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

the lights all depend on what state your in for if they are legal or not