Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Got my stereo and speakers installed...

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Starting Member
degaine_designs is on a distinguished road
Default Got my stereo and speakers installed...

I got my stereo and front speakers installed the other day. I just got around to getting some pics now. The headunit is a Kenwood KDC-MP335 (eventually I'm upgrading to a Kenwood KVT-514). The front speakers are Pioneer 4x6's the rear speakers are the stock 6x9's. I'm going to replace those with Pioneers as well.

I also hooked up the Kenwood iPod adapter. I left out the XM radio because I only listened to a few stations and it just became too much to keep paying for so I cancelled it. I normally use my iPhone 3G instead of my iPod. The only problem is it wont charge when plugged into the unit like the iPod will.

Here are some pics:

Old 08-06-2009, 06:43 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Nice and clean...

Old 08-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Starting Member

Thanks. I'm going to hide the iPod adapter so all that is exposed is part of the cord and the connector. I just couldn't find a good place. It wouldn't fit above or behind the headunit.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:13 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Nice! Can we see pics of the speakers?

Old 08-06-2009, 07:30 PM
Starting Member

Not really, they're inside the top of the dash. The speaker grilles that fit into the dash is where the speakers attach and the speakers are therefore hidden. Plus the magnets were bigger than the stock speakers and I really had to wedge them in there. Those things aren't coming out till they blow and I can yank 'em out without worrying if they get damaged.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:23 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Ah ok, same with my blazer. wish there was an easy way to make them visible but still look good.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:05 AM
Starting Member

I kind of prefer the clean look. People won't know what you have in there (other than the stereo).

EDIT: I got a new idea the other day for the sound system in the Jimmy.

I want to buy a Mac Mini and install it in the truck and use a touch screen monitor in place of the stereo. Music and videos would be played using iTunes, and I'd be able to do some work (using Photoshop and Illustrator) if I am away from the house and need to get something done and don't have my MacBook on me.

I found a touch screen monitor with vga input that fits where my stereo currently is. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...211&CatId=1449

Last edited by degaine_designs; 08-10-2009 at 02:40 AM.