Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

HID Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 08:01 PM
01blaze4door is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HID Install

I just installed a set of 10000K HID's in my Blazer and i was wondering how to disable or bypass my automatic headlights

Old 06-05-2008, 08:19 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: HID Install

In the right speaker grill on the dash, theres a light sensor. Disconnect the sensor and install a 2.2K ohm resistor into the wiring (just bend the tabs on each side of the resistor down and it will plug right in) That should make the AHL system register it as daylight regardless of what it really is. Now you turn the lights on/off with the headlight ****.

More info HERE

Old 06-27-2008, 11:41 AM
blazinwheels is an unknown quantity at this point

I was thinking about getting an HID conversion kit for my truck but I am new to this modifying stuff and I wasn't sure of a good brand. I have been looking on eBay for a few weeks and I think I found some I like but I wanted to get someone's opinion on them that does this stuff.

Has anyone ever heard of a company called MOZO. They are selling kits on eBay and the one I want is just $79.00 but they look really nice. You know how most people buy from the maker and then sell it themselves on eBay? These ppl are the manufacturers so I thought it would be safe to get it from them. Plus there is a two year warranty, which is comforting.

Anyway, if anyone has any feedback or knowledge on this I would love the help. Do you think this is a good buy? I care a lot about my Blazer and I don't want to put crap in it.

THANKS!!!

Old 12-15-2008, 03:41 PM
2003projectblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey im about to install HIDs with projector lens on my 2003 blazer. To bypass the auto headlight on , can u just unplug the sensor on the dash?

Old 12-15-2008, 06:15 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Unplugging the sensor would make the truck think its always dark which would cause them to come on as soon as you turn your truck on.

Resistors are cheap though. I recommend once you get the resistor, try it out quick while your still at the store in case 2.2K ohm doesn't work. I had to go through 3 or 4 tries to get it to work.

Old 01-13-2009, 03:38 PM
PVT Pablo is an unknown quantity at this point

What about a 1997 chevy blazer? I'm planning on ordering some HID's as well, do I even need to worry about the DRL's, because mine are on regardless of the light outside.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:39 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

They were talking about disabling the automatic headlights that come on at night. You are talking about the day time running lights that are on during the day and when the automatic lights go on the daytime lights will go off. Search "DRL disable" to find out how to do it. It also is very easy to do.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:41 PM
Indo G is an unknown quantity at this point

i've found pressing the dome lamp button under your headlight **** three times turns the running lights off

Old 05-13-2012, 11:16 PM
dovman is on a distinguished road

I have seen HID projector headlights for 1997 Blazer at $287/pair crystal clear and $225/pair, black. From "CarID" Also from another source, much cheaper: about $98/pair. Why the big differences? Something to worry about?

Old 05-14-2012, 09:07 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Maybe the pricier ones come with the HID's & digital slim ballasts?
Could be manufacturer but most are made in China regardless.
Warrenty etc. I have a $150 set of projectors & got my HID's seperately.