Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

i want subs in my truck but i have the bose equipment

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 08:42 AM
shadysxz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i want subs in my truck but i have the bose equipment

ive got a 1999 GMCEnvoy. looks like a blazer, i just call it a blazer with leather seats. but i want to put my kicker L7's in the back. i brought it to a shop, and they mickey moused it. im really not happy. they took one of the back speaker wires and made av cables out of it (i think, havent really gotten to look at it yet). the subs worked fine until one day i had to take them out and put some tools back there for work. was on the high way and had to hit the brakes hard and im guessing the tools hit the wires under the mat and made them short out some how. but my question is How can i put subs in my truck safely while using the stock headunit?
( by the way newbie on the forum)

Old 01-26-2009, 09:30 AM
Starting Member
Blazin1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: i want subs in my truck but i have the bose equipment

ORIGINAL: shadysxz

ive got a 1999 GMCEnvoy. looks like a blazer, i just call it a blazer with leather seats. but i want to put my kicker L7's in the back. i brought it to a shop, and they mickey moused it. im really not happy. they took one of the back speaker wires and made av cables out of it (i think, havent really gotten to look at it yet). the subs worked fine until one day i had to take them out and put some tools back there for work. was on the high way and had to hit the brakes hard and im guessing the tools hit the wires under the mat and made them short out some how. but my question is How can i put subs in my truck safely while using the stock headunit?
( by the way newbie on the forum)
Welcome to the forum.

I would take it back to the shop who worked on the truck to begin with and show them the crappy job they did and demand a refund or a fix. They should have given you some type of warranty right? If yourissue is thatyou want to have subs while having room for your tools,thesolution wouldbe to have a custom sub box made. In the very near future I'm having one made for my Blazer, because Iwant my subs but I need some room for mythings aswell.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:21 AM
shadysxz is an unknown quantity at this point

well i dont mind taking the box out for the weekend, for tools or gear, but im just looking is it safe to run the stock amp and then a fosgate amp off that? and the shop is a bunch of scum bags and i wont go back for anything i had them wire my alarm for my truck and they did an alright job but the subs was just a disgrace. i cut and taped one of the wires i thought was shorting the amp out then i replaced the factory amp (like 600$ new but i found one in a junk yard 175$)

Old 01-26-2009, 12:38 PM
Starting Member
OILCOUNTRY is an unknown quantity at this point

hey,
Ok well i helped my brother install his sub yesterday into his 03 Silverado SS, He also has the bose sound system and we used the PAC product which is just a straight plug and play. It worked great. Im not sure on what one you would need exactly but here is a link to the product we used in his truck. Worst comes to worst just call the toll free number and they should be able to help you, the number is at the bottom of the page.here is the link.
http://www.shipsound.com/product_inf...ucts_id=102704

Old 01-26-2009, 03:50 PM
oakleyg is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: cookbrady845

hey,
Ok well i helped my brother install his sub yesterday into his 03 Silverado SS, He also has the bose sound system and we used the PAC product which is just a straight plug and play. It worked great. Im not sure on what one you would need exactly but here is a link to the product we used in his truck. Worst comes to worst just call the toll free number and they should be able to help you, the number is at the bottom of the page.here is the link.
http://www.shipsound.com/product_inf...ucts_id=102704
This would be the pac piece he needs http://www.mobilcaraudio.com/catalog...137/983905.htm

Old 01-26-2009, 04:36 PM
Starting Member

Yes,
that would work also butyou splice that one into the right and left audio wires easily located in theharness at the back of the unit, i used this one on my 03 blazer and it works fine. The reason I recomended the PAC OEM1 with the PAC ADD-GM24 is because its just straight Plug and play meaning no need to cut or splice into the stock harness. I will attch another link with the actual unit i would use if iwas to do my amp in my blazer again, note that you then have to buy the vehicle specific cable for this to work.
To oakleygNot meaning to bash your sugestion it just seams in my mind to be easier and a cleaner way.
http://www.mobilcaraudio.com/catalog...160/983957.htm

Old 01-28-2009, 11:35 PM

ORIGINAL: cookbrady845

Yes,
that would work also butyou splice that one into the right and left audio wires easily located in theharness at the back of the unit, i used this one on my 03 blazer and it works fine. The reason I recomended the PAC OEM1 with the PAC ADD-GM24 is because its just straight Plug and play meaning no need to cut or splice into the stock harness. I will attch another link with the actual unit i would use if iwas to do my amp in my blazer again, note that you then have to buy the vehicle specific cable for this to work.
To oakleygNot meaning to bash your sugestion it just seams in my mind to be easier and a cleaner way.
http://www.mobilcaraudio.com/catalog...160/983957.htm
Either way is fine its really up to him what he wants to do. Your way would cost more and would be cleaner, my way you would have a **** for sub level control and tieing into the speaker outputs isn't that bad to do.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:39 PM
Starting Member

oh i know its not bad to do as i said i did it lol.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:22 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

a rockford 3sixty would be da bomb

Old 01-29-2009, 08:19 PM

Its pointless to add a 3sixty just for sub output, maybe if he was doing all new speakers and running speaker amps then it would be worthwhile.