Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

iPod Interphase Installation

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 10:21 AM
drumminsoul is on a distinguished road
Default iPod Interphase Installation

I am baffled by this problem but I'm sure someone here will have the answer for me.

My 2005 blazer with the factory radio is sattelite radio ready. The iPod/iPhone interpahse I purchased is an iSimple Soundbyte which came with a vehicle specific harness that plugs into the port where the XM Radio would go if I had one. I then tapped into the constant 12V and ground wires from the radio wiring harness using T-Taps. All this was no problem. The unit is getting power because the Iphone charges when I plug it in. However it will not play any music or even switch to iPod mode when I press the CD/AUX button on the radio like I'm told to do in the manual.

I'm hoping this is not the case BUT since my blazer did not come factory XM Radio installed or anything plugged into that port, does the port need to be unlocked or activated by the dealer??

Any Ideas??