Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

PPI amps

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 02:18 AM
Good_Chevy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PPI amps

I am very disappointed. I am currently running a 12" Elemental Designs E12o.44 sub in a 2 cubic foot sealed box powered by the Infinity 611a. The amp "replaced" my PPI 2360 which was only running at 360 watts continuous. Now I'm an SQ guy, but I also like SPL, so this sub is PERFECT for my tastes. The PPI powered my sub so good, it's like they were made for each other. It was running at 4 ohms. So the other day I saw a 500 watt RMS MTX amp on sale for $150 so I decided to buy it. Brought it home, hooked it up @ 2 ohms, and it sounded like CRAP. Not only did it distort at lower frequencies, it wasn't nearly as loud as the PPI, which kicked the $@#^ out of this amp. So I took it back right away and exchanged it for the Infinity. Now I've been dicking around with the tuning options for the past couple of day's and I can't get it to sound as good as the PPI. Granted it's a little bit louder, but it just can't make my sub hit the same lows as clear as the PPI. Especially with "Bass, I Love You" by Basstronics (I think, you can find that track @ www.realmofexcursoin.com great bass tester). So basically what I'm asking is what amps compare to the older PPI's? I really like the sound of them, but I don't really trust EBay or the internet in general which is the only place that I can seem to find them. Here is a link of the PPI: http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/PPI_PPI_2360/
I also heard that a good way to tell if an amp is good or not is to have a look at the fuses. The PPI requires 2x 30 amps, the same as the Infinity. I do still have the PPI, and I plan on taking the Infinity back tomorrow. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Old 12-08-2008, 02:21 AM
Good_Chevy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: PPI amps

There is a guy on Kijiji selling a Rockford 800a2 here http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...QAdIdZ92092792 Is this amp descent? I've read mixed reviews.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:43 AM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

PPI is a high quality amp. If it wasnt broken, why did you try and fix it? None of the amps you have listed will ever be better than your PPI. Just stick with what works best. Stop wasting your money. lol

Old 12-08-2008, 07:19 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

the new PPI is garbage anyway.....get urself a ppi art series and you'll be happy