Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Replacing Bose Radio

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Dk81690 is on a distinguished road
Default Replacing Bose Radio

Hey all, Im looking to replace my reciever with this one..
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_158GT43...w&rvm=ShowAllt

I have a 2000 Blazer with the bose system installed does anyone know if i need any special equipment to install the new reciever besides the basic stuff needed for installation

Old 08-13-2009, 02:12 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

By basic do you mean a filler plate/mount, harness adapter and antenna adapter?

Do you have a 6 disc CD changer? If so you might lose the function of that. Not sure though, someone might be able to say yay or nay as to whether this is true.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:02 AM
cyclones is on a distinguished road

from what i've read on the Bose radios, there is an amp somewhere that will not work with other head units without some kind of adapter. Not 100% sure but it seems like others have had problems swapping out bose stuff.

Old 08-15-2009, 11:22 AM
GMJimmy is on a distinguished road

I've also heard of difficulties regarding the Bose systems. They are a pain to upgrade unless you are installing Bose components or are willing to do some serious wiring work. And cyclones is right, the amp unfortunately will not work with other units.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:18 AM
Beginning Member
ronaldo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default More Questions on Bose Systems in 2000 Blazer

I have the factory Bose system with the multi changer CD in the console and an old On-Star system.

Is there a system to replace it with that will maintain the following features?

Door Chimes
Radio places until the door is opened
Steering wheel controls ( seek, program new disc selection/Track selection), mute)
Any other weird things that I didn't know was connected to the radio.
Don't care about On-Star

What I really want is an Ipod (Iphone) input. I could be happy with just that if there is a modification to the existing system other than the casset adapter.

I am willing to replace the whole system just to get that feature if it doesn't compromise the rest of the vehicle.

Old 04-03-2011, 11:05 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

See the link below: They can add and AUX input to your factory radio. They also sell factory radios with the AUX input already installed on ebay. This way you can keep all the features of the OEM radio but still play your IPOD or IPHONE through the AUX input.

Factory Radio Service, Car Factory Radio Services

Old 04-03-2011, 11:36 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

Do a search on the product listed below: It allows the integration of an aftermarket headunit with the Bose system.

PAC ROEM-GM21A

Old 04-04-2011, 08:42 PM
Beginning Member
ronaldo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thanks I ordered the unit from

Factory Radio with the Ipod jack. When I get it installed, I will let you know what I think about it.