Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

What to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 10:37 AM
chevblazer02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What to buy?

I know I'll probably get a bumnch of differant opinions...but lets say I have $800 dollars to spend on audio stuff....I use to have a system in every car I had but my last car I had for 3 yrs and didnt have a system I just got my 2002 blazer in august and being spring have an itch for a system....I have had JL, Rockford Fosgate, MTX and Eclipse stuff before....but I've been out of the loop for a while....I have a deck, some JVC one that my g/f is getting rid of since she doesnt want it in her new car....I know its nothing special currently but just gonna stick with that for now....and what do you guys recommend to get? I want 2 12" subs looking at Alpine Type R's SWR-1222D, so what amp should I get for these? Also what 6.5's should I look into....thanks for any info...

Old 05-10-2007, 11:53 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: What to buy?

The alpines are nice, If you get that exact model, you will need to get a 1 ohm stable amp to really push those, maybe the HiFonics 1206D, or the 1606D.

Other subs you can look at in that price range are Kicker CVR's.

You might be able to get a real deal on Re, Treo, or Digital Designs if you can catch one on ebay.

On 6.5's really, if you can go somewhere and listen to them, thats the best. But other than that, a price range would be nice.

Old 05-10-2007, 12:12 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

the kicker 1500.1 seems like a decent deal off www.onlinecarstereo.com

more than likely underrated, but the 1606 is a ton of power for the price you pay and the R's will love it

also i saw they had the ppi dcx 12's for like $180 each, i had a 15 and it was great till the glue holding the surround decintigrated. They're pretty much the same as the orion H2's

they're the only sub ive seen with the same max and rms ratings which is weird.....

Old 05-10-2007, 03:45 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

Yea man the kicker cvr's beat well for the price i had two in my blazer and people where amazed on how loud those things were, i would second hillbilly's thought on getting hifonics amps. It seems that those amps are good for their money.