Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

What do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 08:53 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Topsecret66
You want a ported or bandpass enclosure for a blazer period. Sealed will get horrible bass.

If you want my opinion and what i'm doing (I know I don't have a build thread..)

Get some paper and trace the outline of the base of your trunk. This will be the bottom of your sub box. With this paper template, cut out your 3 1/4" MDF.

Go to a fabric store and get nylon.

Use tinfoil and cover over the interior of your trunk because your going to get messy.

Use some dowels to support the nylon to shape a nice curved box in your trunk.

Once complete. Start using fibreglass on your nylon.

Once the fibreglass has cured. Take out your box (after a few coatings)

Get kitty hair and reinforce your box.

Once a few layers are applied get yourself some PVC tubing and create a port wherever. (I prefer center).

Glue and fibreglass in the port. Dont be shy as this will need to be sturdy.

Keep Fibreglassing everything.

Cut out sub holes.

Sand fibreglass then prime.

Once smooth paint it , mount your subs and you have a nice box. You can build this for under 100 bones and can incorporate anything into your fibreglass. I like to carve out thhe foam manican (sp?) faces to make the scream and glass them in all over. Looks mean as hell.

Wha-la! Bitchin looking system.
More primer, more primer, more primer.
honestly, i liked the sound of my w6 sealed in my truck. ported or bandpass is if you want to get loud. sealed is for those who want a crisp low end with tight response.

fiberglass is fun and all but its not always good for every situation.

good choice on the sub but, instead of a 2 channel amp for the sub, why don't you get a real sub amp? that way, you have more control over the sub and everything. lower frequency control and everything else. just my 2 cents. you can get http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...L-+F2000M.html
more power, same price... just my help

Old 08-15-2010, 09:34 PM
Starting Member
JShark is on a distinguished road

topsecret66 did you have **** subs in a sealed box because when i had my jl's sealed they sounded amazing. bandpass is the bottom of the food chain to me. if you like the sound of godzilla stomping or sounding like absolute trash then yes bandpass is the way to go.

double that on the mono amp!

Old 08-15-2010, 11:01 PM
Starting Member
blazerboy001 is on a distinguished road

JL sealed. I agree. ha.