Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Wiring in component speakers

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 03:05 PM
Beginning Member
Markolc is on a distinguished road
Default Wiring in component speakers

Hi guys. I have a '00 Blazer with blown stock paper speakers in the door, and factory tweeters in the dash. I do have an aftermarket stereo from about 10 years ago that puts out the standard 50wx4. I want to put in a cheap set of components (like $50-$60) to replace those busted stockers.

My question is the wiring. How do I get the wire from the crossover (mounted in the door) to the tweeter mounted in the dash? Is there a shortcut where I can reuse the stock wire? Where is the factory crossover located for the factory tweeter, on the wore somewhere or soldered onto the tweeter itself? Will I have to pull my dash all apart to run new wiring back there?

I'm not interested in drilling holes to mount the tweeter anywhere else, this is car isn't really a daily driver, just something for the nanny to haul the kids around, but the stereo needs to work.

I'm open to going 3-way and not bothering with the tweeters if you guys say it isn't worth it. Just leave the stock tweeter alone, or disconnect it in that case?

Thanks