Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

yay,me another sound system idiot. need some help

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 12:05 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about
Default yay,me another sound system idiot. need some help

ALright,il just throw this out there. Ive never installed a system in a car. I can install headunits,but thats about as far as ive gone. Im wanting to upgrade my sound system in my blazer. It has some china brand cd player,which il be changing later.

Im not sure what amps to buy etc. Im on a limited $200.00 budget but from looking around on amazon i might beable to match it. Im not looking for long lasting,top of the line blow windows out stuff...just anything for now is better then what i have. I will be putting in something better later after my v8 swap is complete.

I found these Kicker 10C124 12" subs for 42.00 new each. Local fleamarket has dual 12" box for like 25.00 but what about my amp? these subs say they push 300 watts. So would i need a 600 watt amp? I was told something about rms etc needs to be right?

heres a 1000 watt for less then 50 bucks.
Amazon.com: Pyramid PB717X 1000 Watt 2 Channel Bridgeable Amplifier Car Audio Amp: Electronics

Now with it saying 1000 watts....is that up to 1000 watt or will it put out 1000 watts to my 300 watt subs and fry em up?

god i feel like a idiot. this is my only downside with cars. is the electrical and know how of sound system etc...

thanks guys! help this noobie out

Old 05-08-2011, 12:26 PM
dimone545 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont feel like an idiot bro, the only stupid question is the one not asked.....LOL... All I can really say is dont be one of those a-holes who buys subs to bump before they replace the surrounding speakers that actually make the music sound good. It is the worst thing ever when I hear someone bumping and then they get closer and have absolutley no highs to keep up with the bass, or even worse they have the stock speakers that are blown and crack and distort while they are bumping and they actually think the music sounds good...PLEASE for the sake of all that will have to hear your system, upgrade your speakers first, put an amp on them, then buy subs and all that!!!You will be much happier in the long run..

Old 05-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Starting Member
96jimmyslt4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by dimone545
Dont feel like an idiot bro, the only stupid question is the one not asked.....LOL... All I can really say is dont be one of those a-holes who buys subs to bump before they replace the surrounding speakers that actually make the music sound good. It is the worst thing ever when I hear someone bumping and then they get closer and have absolutley no highs to keep up with the bass, or even worse they have the stock speakers that are blown and crack and distort while they are bumping and they actually think the music sounds good...PLEASE for the sake of all that will have to hear your system, upgrade your speakers first, put an amp on them, then buy subs and all that!!!You will be much happier in the long run..
I was walking my dog one night, and FELT a lot of bass.

As the ****ty 97 carola with dents in it and fading paint got closer, I heard no music. No tweeters, no mids. Just felt the bass. I don't see what the point of that is...other than being an annoying little ****, begging for attention.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:57 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by dimone545
Haha. well i already have some kenwood 6x9's in the mid,and some other aftermarkets in the front,i dont remember the name. I just need some tweeters etc and il be set on that part...for now it has plenty of high,i have absolutely no bass,and it hurts.

Old 05-16-2011, 12:33 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

well, those are some good subs you're looking at for a little bump. they'll give you some nice low end without breaking the bank for sure. but, that amp you're looking at might not last in the long run. I've never heard good stories of pyramid amps let alone any lasting a long time.

i agree with amping your speakers. i only have a set of components without a sub (my electrical can't support it) and i love the sound.

So according to your 200 dollar budget, you're spending $84 on the subs and $25 on the box. so that gives you about 90 give or take corrsaving up ect?

if thats the case, i'd suggest you save up another $30 bucks and buy this amp for reliability and long lasting. MB Quart has some great products that are made to last

MB Quart FX1.400 (fx1400) 400W RMS, 1-Channel Monoblock Formula

i'm assuming you also have power wire for the amp?