Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

05 Blue Blazer Build

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2021, 10:55 PM
reway is on a distinguished road

Ah yes that’s right. Yeah I think flipping the bolt around and putting some rubber insulators on the end of the bolt might do the trick. I might also just try and tap a new hole in the frame higher than right now so it will clear the bolt totally. With the body lift it leaves 2” of extra room between the rear bumper anyways so that wouldn’t hurt.

Old 09-01-2021, 08:08 PM

Painted the tow hooks today! I also have noticed lately the blazer looks to be leaning to the passenger side a decent bit... I think the torsion bar could be sagging on the passenger side because I remember when I cranked the t bars the passenger was 1” lower than the driver. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I am thinking of cranking the passenger t bar until it’s level but it will definitely be near maxed out then.

Old 09-01-2021, 10:14 PM

Yup just double checked and I am 37” ground to fender on both rear, 36 3/4” front driver, then 35 3/4” front passenger. I suspect the passenger side torsion bar has started to sag so I will try and even it out tomorrow by cranking the passenger more.

Old 09-02-2021, 12:43 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enoughchristine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by reway
Painted the tow hooks today! I also have noticed lately the blazer looks to be leaning to the passenger side a decent bit... I think the torsion bar could be sagging on the passenger side because I remember when I cranked the t bars the passenger was 1” lower than the driver. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I am thinking of cranking the passenger t bar until it’s level but it will definitely be near maxed out then.

So you didn't paint them red to look cool like the ones on the baby, poser Jerps?

Old 09-07-2021, 01:38 AM

Took her off roading today!! Damn I love this machine. Sucks that the guy who had this before me didn’t know how to install a stereo correctly and it died about 3 minutes into the dirt road today. Now have the dash half apart will continue to take stereo out tomorrow and see what happened. Have a good feeling it’s the 12V power wire loose because it will get power then cut out continuously.

Old 09-07-2021, 07:43 AM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Crappy deal about the stereo, but the blazer is looking nice and solid! Love the stance

Old 09-07-2021, 09:47 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enoughchristine_208 will become famous soon enough

These are able and nimble off roaders.

Old 09-07-2021, 07:06 PM

They are “Like a rock”! Got the stereo sorted, today when I was driving home from the university the lower fan shroud exploded and I honestly thought the tranny blew up and fell out of my truck it was so loud! Surprised it didn’t take the belt with it. Should be good to go again after I get what’s left of it out and clean up the bits all over my engine bay.

Old 09-07-2021, 07:46 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Double check your fan blades!

Old 09-07-2021, 09:18 PM

Fan blades survived it. Here is what was left of the shroud. The passenger side was dug up in the belt that’s why I said I was surprised the belt didn’t snap too!

Quick Reply: 05 Blue Blazer Build