Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

05 Blue Blazer Build

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2021, 11:03 PM
reway is on a distinguished road

Got the new upper passenger bj in today.. noticed the passenger cv has also slung grease everywhere however the boot is still on and does not look ripped, will need further inspection on that. The hubcentric rings I got are a hair too big and I bored out my passenger rim a bit to make it fit, question is do I really need these because my lugs are already conical?

Old 09-10-2021, 09:59 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enoughchristine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by reway
Got the new upper passenger bj in today.. noticed the passenger cv has also slung grease everywhere however the boot is still on and does not look ripped, will need further inspection on that. The hubcentric rings I got are a hair too big and I bored out my passenger rim a bit to make it fit, question is do I really need these because my lugs are already conical?
After I did my lift, I had the inner lip of the inner CV joint boots slip off.

On one side I was able to get away with securing it in place with large hose clamp. But on the other side there was not quite enough clearence for the screw mechanism. I too the opportunity to replace the boot with a neoprene replacement from NAPA.

This replacement has worked great. The neoprene is more flexible than the stiffer original boots and thus is harder to have slip off.

Replacing the boot was a good opportunity to repack the CV joint. The next time I take out the other axle I'll be replacing its inner boot.

Old 09-10-2021, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by christine_208
After I did my lift, I had the inner lip of the inner CV joint boots slip off.

On one side I was able to get away with securing it in place with large hose clamp. But on the other side there was not quite enough clearence for the screw mechanism. I too the opportunity to replace the boot with a neoprene replacement from NAPA.

This replacement has worked great. The neoprene is more flexible than the stiffer original boots and thus is harder to have slip off.

Replacing the boot was a good opportunity to repack the CV joint. The next time I take out the other axle I'll be replacing its inner boot.
Thanks, ill check the boot out more later, I think I will need to do the same thing you have done.

Old 09-12-2021, 10:14 PM

Installed some real fuel hose today in exchange for the bike tire that was in my fuel filler neck before.. The bike tire surprisingly held up really good it’s just it was a hair big and creased on the hose clamp allowing it to leak. Hopefully no more leak now!

Old 09-13-2021, 07:58 AM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

I have to do mine... it leaks preaty good when filling lol

Old 09-13-2021, 08:06 PM

Yeah it’s not a good time when your filling up and gas is steady streaming out on the ground! I thought you only had the 2.5 rc lift and no body lift yet though?? It just start leaking on its own?

Old 09-13-2021, 11:34 PM
BF Veteran

No body lift... there's a metal(not legal&#129300 elbow between 2rubbers that is leaking at the top, I lose(not love🤨&#129320 maybe an ounce or two filling up...

Just got approved for a town house rental, so money is even more tight lol

Edited sleepy mistakes lol

Last edited by DonL; 09-14-2021 at 05:03 PM.
Old 09-14-2021, 04:12 PM

Ah I see, that’s not so bad then. Congrats on the town house!

Old 09-14-2021, 05:04 PM
BF Veteran

Thank you sir!

Keep up the work with the blazer, nice progress!

Old 09-15-2021, 09:54 PM

Much appreciated!

I filled up today and didn’t loose a drop of gas, that hasn’t happened in awhile now Was also checking out my passenger cv again and still couldn’t find anything wrong with the boot!! But there’s obviously something wrong because grease is everywhere!! I will attach some pics in case anyone has any ideas what happened but regardless it looks like it will need some more grease in the near future. In for an alignment tomorrow morning FINALLY.

Quick Reply: 05 Blue Blazer Build