1994 S10 Blazer Tahoe LT - Revival - Page 15 - Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Old 06-27-2018, 09:52 AM
Starting Member

KnightBlazer is on a distinguished road

Well, just dropped her off at the alignment shop. Should hopefully have it back later on this afternoon. . . I can't wait!
Old 06-27-2018, 12:35 PM
Starting Member

Picked it back up just a bit ago. Much better. Drives quite well now, although they couldn't get it 100% perfect.

Guy told me I could get a new bolt/eccentric set with larger eccentrics from Napa. First I've ever heard of that. Still have about -1 degree of camber on each side, so not too bad, but I'll eventually try to get the new bolts and have it aligned again.

Ended up getting the lifetime alignment since I plan to keep this for a long time. Also looking again, I have the front cranked up higher than the rear so will probably lower that back down a bit at some point.
Old 07-09-2018, 09:54 AM
Starting Member

Just under 1,600 mi road trip complete.

I'm pleased to report the Blazer made the trip without any major break downs or significant issues.

Biggest issue I had was coming home yesterday. Stopped in Valdosta for gas and wasn't able to get the engine restarted. Pretty sure it had just gotten a little hot and needed to cool off, but had a guy offer to jump it after I ran the battery down some. After a few min it started back up.

My temp gauge got up to about 210 briefly on the the way North last week, in traffic. So I swapped out the T-stat for 180 degree unit before I left to come home. Oddly enough it didn't seem to make much of an impact.

Pretty sure the water pump isn't flowing enough, or the radiator is more clogged up than I realized.

Also, should have put in the new Coolant temp sensor before leaving. I doubt the digital gauges are terribly accurate, but I'm pretty sure it got hotter than 200 several times.

Granted I was towing a little fast at 70-80 mph, but only pulling 500 lbs. Need to add up, and average my receipts but ended up getting around 18 MPG on the trip.

Something is definitely pulling my timing advance out at higher rpms. On the way North I had trouble holding 70+ going up hills. Before coming home I ran another half can of seafoam through the intake, and unplugged the EGR valve. That all seemed to help as it was better on the way home. Need to break out the multi-meter and do some checks to see if it's EGR, or if it's possible the ECM needs replaced.

Other feedback is that the front spring rate is a bit stiff with the t-bars cranked a bit high. . . And either wheels are slightly out of balance, or they didn't get the alignment quite right as I have some vibration at 65+

Last edited by KnightBlazer; 07-09-2018 at 09:57 AM.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:05 PM
Starting Member

Well my starting issue that happened on the trip is back. . . Went for a short drive from home to visit a property I'm selling, and it happened again when I tried to leave.

Had a neighbor jump it for me, but I suspect it isn't the battery.

Just went out and tested it with a volt meter, and 12.9v which is good. Starting it blipped to 9.6v for a split second, and running is 14.4v.

I also smelled "hot electrical" when trying to start before, so pretty sure my stater is failing. . . .it's sounded pretty pathetic since i got the car. Just ordered a replacement so hopefully that will solve the issue.

. . in other news I got my new EGR gasket with the screen today. I've read the screen really helps keep it from clogging up, which I believe is the cause of my code 32. So need to swap that in and clean out the EGR. . . right now the Audi is in the garage. Just replaced the window regulator and tint on the rear door. . .Lol nice to have the duct tape off the window.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:36 PM
Starting Member

I think I found my code 32 issue. . . . EGR was packed up with carbon.

Here's the intake after I removed the valve:

Here's the valve after removal. . .The plunger was stuck in, and didn't move at all when I started.

After about 1/2 a can of brake kleen I was able to get it freed up, and cleaned out. I also used a few shop towels and screwdriver/pick to get as much carbon out as I could. . as per my previous post I reinstalled with a new gasket w/screen to help prevent future buildup.

Started it up, SES light disappeared. Idle seems slightly improved, but wasn't bad before. Hopefully will help with the "hot" issues I've been having too, as I was getting an occasional ping on the highway when trying to accelerate. . .I'm sure the EGR stuck full open was a big factor.

I'm afraid to dive it anywhere until I fix the starter issue. . . . it doesn't have a problem when it's cold. . unfortunately new starter won't be here till next week. Will try to get the the water pump replaced while I'm waiting. . . Still need to reinstall the front drive shaft too so I actually have 4 wheel drive lol.

Last edited by KnightBlazer; 07-12-2018 at 02:40 PM.