Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 09:14 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

Yes they sure did help , but it was still a pain in the rear , I'm so happy I don't have to do the rear end . I'm not certain I'll ever try and change gears anytime soon thats where it would have been tricky . My old boss even said there not fun to do he said some jeeps have aluminum differential housings and they are even worse , he said he wouldn't even do one now . He's the best transmission builder I know , we tore my 4l60e apart and put it back together with new parts in under a hour , and I did all the work he just showed me the neat tricks to make things come apart easier . When ever I have a problem I just can't figure out , I go to him , he's saved my butt more than once . And so has his wife ( the judge in our town ) when I was younger I kept the police busy .

Old 03-19-2012, 09:37 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

LOl i love how you said that ... It made my night

Old 03-20-2012, 05:44 PM

Today I worked on getting the front end ready , I had to cut the old spring perches off and put new ones on the top of the axles . I ran out of oxygen so I have to grind and cut them with a angle grinder , I have one side done so far . And I removed the old u joints from the axles so I can get new ones ordered . And then I went to see mr mudd pit , it looks awesome , but its already starting to dry out . I could walk on top of the mud almost all the way across the pit , but was sinking with every step , then all of a sudden it was up to my knees . If I would have had the blazer I would have tried it , but it was so nice I had to take the bike .

Old 03-21-2012, 08:28 PM
Beginning Member
spatula6554 is on a distinguished road

Dude, I just read your entire thread from start to finish and it is pretty stinking amazing! Nice build, I bet that Blazer has some low end and some new found power at the top end! Awesome build and keep it up!

Old 03-22-2012, 11:57 AM

Thank you , I have been trying very hard , I basically went through all the 5000 in a hurry . And I have been buying alot of parts out of pocket , not my build money . In 4 low its amazing and in 2 and 4 wheel high its fast , but not very great off the line . I think with the 4.10s in there she'll come alive , it's got a c6 transmission with a 208 t-case witch are both high geared and the blazer must have 2.86s for gears or somewhere around there , I have not checked yet . Thanks for commenting It means alot to no what you guys think . And it adds extra encouragement for me to stay motivated even more than I already am.
Heres a few pictures of some progress of the fire wall .

And I painted a few things

The front end

And the rear end started prepping that alittle

Last edited by atvwarrior; 03-22-2012 at 01:09 PM. Reason: adding pictures
Old 03-22-2012, 01:16 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

the axle looks great man and I love the paint jobs

Old 03-22-2012, 02:14 PM

Thanks its got two coats , sanded then two more coats then 3 coats of clear . Everybody keeps asking me why I'm making everything look so good , just to go beat the hell out of it . And to be honest I don't really have a good answer to that question , its all about pride in workmanship at this point and I don't want a truck that looks like it was built in a trailer park , no offense , if any one reading this lives or is building there truck in a trailer park .

Old 03-22-2012, 03:05 PM
BF Guru

oh i agree with you ... I tend to do the same thing
and it looks real nice I love it

Old 03-23-2012, 08:18 AM
Beginning Member
spatula6554 is on a distinguished road

Wow...that is some significant fab work for the revised firewall! The more you coat your parts now, the longer they will last, even if you do end up beating on them. Smart move to preserve what you can now while it is out and easy to work with. As you both know, the worst part about living in upstate NY is the rust beneath the car you are working on...

Old 03-23-2012, 09:56 AM

Yea pretty much , I had the front spring hanger on for two days ( just bare metal ) and it was rusting prtetty good , I will not have to repaint the spring hanger but I will have to do the axles once I figure out where my spring perches have to be welded . I only have a couple hours of work done on the fire wall , it will probably need 5 or six more hours of fabrication , if all goes as planned . If I could have done the aluminium dimond plate the fire wall would have looked awesome but I don't have any exp. welding aluminium and I don't have time to learn so I took the easy way out . I have a guy interested in my bike and if I sell it then I'll have almost enough money for the boggers I want .

This morning I drove the blazer to town and I heard a clunk and it sounded like the axle went , but I hobbled it home and found out my lower passenger side ball joint went . I'm lucky I made it home when I jacked it up it just fell apart , everything in the front end of the blazer is under lifetime warranty so I tore it all apart and and have new parts now . If they weren't under warranty I probably would have just waited to put the dana 30 in , I'm going out now to install the new ball joints , I'll take some pics .
Hers a few pictures from changing the ball joint and a couple of the rock wall I'm building for my wife.

And all the mud that I knocked off and the tools I used

And the stone wall I'm building , I told my wife I should make a stone walled garage , like a castle . We have piles and piles of field stone and I used to build rock walls a long time ago , they are just like a big puzzle , anyway its just a idea .

And once again autozone has screwed up , I ended up getting two lower ball joints instead of the upper and lower , and the new ones don't have grease fittings like the old ones did . Man that really makes my blood boil , when I was younger I would have called and gave them hell , but now i realize they are doing the best they can , and its my fault to for not looking over the parts better .

Last edited by atvwarrior; 03-23-2012 at 03:11 PM.

Quick Reply: 1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe