Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 12:31 PM
skotti will become famous soon enough

Wifes always come first....lol.

with those being lift leafs, i dont know how well normal leafs will work with em. someone smarter may need to chime in or just give er a shot. maybe cut down some old s10 leafs and alternate em. typical swaps use 73-87 full size chevy leafs. should support that motor. wagoneer has a heavier weight rating and are 47". some even use wrangler leafs but i cant see them being any better then what u got. any of those though if u can ****** em up might be able to scrap together a bastard pack thatll support it.

if you want to move your rear shackle mounts, jump up to the longer rear dakota leafs is the best and probably the cheapest option.

btw, looks good, and that bead breaker kicks ***...lol

Old 04-12-2012, 02:49 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TheRandom1
haha! They really do look great on there, I'm just giving you crap on 44s.

What's going on with hers?
Her car is a Ford tauras 215/60/16 , hers are small , she parked next to me and said holy shat you could drive over my hood . I offered to try but she declined the offer , O well maybe next time .

Originally Posted by skotti
Wifes always come first....lol.

with those being lift leafs, i dont know how well normal leafs will work with em. someone smarter may need to chime in or just give er a shot. maybe cut down some old s10 leafs and alternate em. typical swaps use 73-87 full size chevy leafs. should support that motor. wagoneer has a heavier weight rating and are 47". some even use wrangler leafs but i cant see them being any better then what u got. any of those though if u can ****** em up might be able to scrap together a bastard pack thatll support it.
if you want to move your rear shackle mounts, jump up to the longer rear dakota leafs is the best and probably the cheapest option.

btw, looks good, and that bead breaker kicks ***...lol
So I can get springs from my buddie who has several different sizes of lift springs for his full size chevys ? Awesome I'm going there tonight to rebuild a carb for a friend , and I'll see what I can pick up .

And thanks on the bead breaker I invented it myself , I have not found a tire yet that it can't break down . And its simple to build .

Old 04-12-2012, 03:26 PM

Yeah worse comes to worse, you have to move your shackle hanger, if there longer then the leafs u have on it now.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:46 PM

Yea I will have to move my shackle hanger back a little probably , I picked up some 4 inch lift springs from a full size tonight they are huge , I'm probably going to have to make longer spring perches on the rear end to , heres a couple pics of them .

And I also built my cross member , mine is tubular so I had a piece of quarter inch thick round stock from a hay bailer tongue , it used to drag around a 3 ton hay bailer and a full wagon of hay behind it so it should hold . Heres some pictures of what I decided to do .

And this is where shes at now , its not welded to the cross member yet , but it is solid , I tried to get it done tonight but it didn't happen . I just walked in the door just now , but I see no reason I can't get it finished tomorrow . And hopefully get the front drive shaft in and get the new leaf springs installed , O yea that will be a good day .

Last edited by atvwarrior; 04-12-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:03 AM

Definitely test fit it before you burn it in. I dont know if youll be able to run that one upright straight up and down. not alot of room on the side nearest transmission.

what length leafs are they?

Old 04-13-2012, 08:31 AM
Beginning Member
spatula6554 is on a distinguished road

Dude, this Blazer is looking sick. I like the way you do things, the Blazer, the bead breaker, the baler tongue for the drive shaft support (IH?)...it is looking great!

Old 04-13-2012, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by skotti
Definitely test fit it before you burn it in. I dont know if youll be able to run that one upright straight up and down. not alot of room on the side nearest transmission.

what length leafs are they?
Luckily for me I didn't burn the rear hangers in yet . And you can barley see the marks I made with a paint marker , thats where I have to be , I just balanced it on there for the picture it's not actually where its supposed to be , I'll get pictures of it under the blazer . And I'm getting ready to go the the shop now I'll measure the springs and let you know what they are , length wise .

Originally Posted by spatula6554
Dude, this Blazer is looking sick. I like the way you do things, the Blazer, the bead breaker, the baler tongue for the drive shaft support (IH?)...it is looking great!
Thanks man , I really like making my own stuff , it gives me a great since of accomplishment and when I'm done I can say I built that .
Tomorrow we are having a meeting / party at MR.Mudd pit and I want to take the blazer up and run it around the track a few times , so today I will be working my butt off . Its a little difficult and time consuming taking these pictures as I build but its totally worth it , I have to wash my hands pretty much every time I go for the camera , but I'll have some more by lunch time today .

Old 04-13-2012, 12:25 PM

Skotti the new springs are 47 inches long , the same size as the jeep ones , so thats good . I may still move the rear spring hangers back alittle more . And the cross member is almost done , I have already fit it up in there and it looks like it's going to work perfect . Heres some pictures of it .

And here I closed it all in so it don't fill up with water and mudd .

Old 04-13-2012, 01:54 PM

Looks good. hows the shackle angle look now. thats one of the most critical parts of doing this if u plan to street this at all. too much either way and youll get a ton of bump steer, especially if your caster is off too far.

Jeep Parts, Jeep Accessories & Jeep Soft Tops From The Jeep Parts Experts - Quadratec
this is one of the best places i found that explains the shackle angle.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:01 PM

Thanks Skotti from what that says I think I'm good , I'm set up the stiff way by the sounds of it . When I did it I looked at my friends chevy to see how his were , so mine are the same way . And the cross member turned out great , but I can't put in the drive shaft yet because the front end doesn't have the axles in it yet , or gear oil . Also I have to get a bushing for the springs I got last night , I don't think I'm going to get to much done today .

Quick Reply: 1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe