Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 06:56 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
Love the videos gene =D
I loved making them , and I can't wait to get into some real mud for you guys .

Old 04-25-2012, 03:21 PM

The next main thing I have to get done is the fire wall and cab mounts , and I hope to get started on that in the morning . And then I want to remove all the carpet and alot of the interior plastic , then get some measurements for the roll cage . As far as I know the race is still on for this coming up weekend , and I still have to change the oil and maybe I will install a shift kit into the c6 transmission and change that fluid while I'm at it . Also I want to build a snorkel , some water did get to my air cleaner , and the mud pit is way worse than the pond I drove through in the videos , but we'll see what she'll do .

Old 04-26-2012, 10:43 AM

While working on the blazer this morning I noticed transmission fluid under the truck , I climbed under to take a look and noticed I cracked the t case . Now after doing some searching this may be a good thing because , I have a set of Dana 44s ( one ton Chevy axles ) front and rear but the pinion is on the passenger side so I couldn't do that . But after doing some research , I can bolt a Chevy 208 case to the ford c6 and get the pinion position I need for the Chevy axles , it rotates it 90 degrees . I'm not sure I'll do it right now but its good to know . But for now I'm pulling the transfer case and then the engine and transmission , when I built the engine I used a rubber oil pan gasket against my better judgment and the oil pan bolts won't stay tight . I do have the cork gaskets that came in the master rebuild kit so I'll just use them . I'm going to be down for a couple days but I'm not out yet . Hopefully I can get my hands on a ford or dodge 208 case before this weekend , and if I can't theres always next week end . I'm not certain what caused the transfer case to crack , the drive shafts are all good and they don't look like they bottomed out , I'm looking into it more as I disassemble it .

Old 04-26-2012, 11:45 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Just when you think you're done, there's always one more thing.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:41 PM

The worst thing about it is I don't understand why it cracked , I'm looking into other transfer case options , maybe something a little stronger than the 208 . I needed a good reason to pull it all back apart anyway , now I can clean up the frame and under coat it . And it will be easier to do the firewall with the engine out , and I'm going to go back to my original idea on the firewall , I will frame it with 3/4" flat bar then bolt the diamond plate to that , the way I designed it I almost have no choice but to leave the firewall accessible , in order to get to the back plugs and bell housing bolts . Its not really that big of deal and all and all it will look awesome this way , anyway .

Old 04-28-2012, 08:42 AM

I found a 205 t case for 125 on craigslist , they say this case is almost indestructible . Its still the married t case but if I can find a divorced tcase for the right price it would be awesome . I will have to make a new rear drive shaft again , but I'm getting pretty good at it . The same guy that has the t case also has 2 351ms for sale and a c6 transmission , humm big block , its temping . But seriously if I ever have to change this engine its getting a Chevy 4.3 oops I mean 350 . The only real difference in my blazer now is the height , the 302 sounds great , uses alot of gas , but the 4.3 was a great engine and will be missed .
Today I spent the day working on the driver side cab mounts , like I have stated in the past I have already done the passenger side a few months back . They take forever to weld in , get straight , weld the block to it , but I got it done and the blazer sets way better now . I hope to get the dash removed tomorrow and start on the firewall , I have everything I could possibly need to do it so I have no excuse .

Last edited by atvwarrior; 04-28-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:51 AM

I have the dash removed , and I'm redoing most of the firewall , its not my best work but it serves its purpose . I haven't taken any pictures yet mostly cause it don't look that great right now , but I take some just to have on file . I probably won't get it done today , but I'm in no hurry , they canceled the race today anyway because no one is ready . I can't wait to get the diamond plate in there , it should look great , and thats where I'm going to mount the ignition module . Alright back to work , I just came in for lunch .
Well heres a couple pictures they look crooked because of the way the aluminum is cut .

I'm still not done yet , but I had to come in for a snack .

Last edited by atvwarrior; 04-29-2012 at 06:20 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:29 PM

I hate when the pictures go double for a wide screen , I erased a couple pictures but it didn't help . I have the firewall almost done , and its looking OK . I bought the chassis paint , and grind-ed a bit more on the frame , hopefully I can paint it tomorrow . The blazer is looking better and better everyday , I need to find some doors and fenders and a rear tail gate and the body will look OK , and then I'll paint her up all pretty .

Old 04-29-2012, 07:38 PM
Starting Member
r0k0 is on a distinguished road

Diamond plate looks good.... gotta say tho i love my Geolanders 235/75R15... i've decided to go in a mudhole in 2wd and i had mud up till the top rims, put in 4wd and reverse forward reverse forward got me out :P

Old 04-30-2012, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by r0k0
Diamond plate looks good.... gotta say tho i love my Geolanders 235/75R15... i've decided to go in a mudhole in 2wd and i had mud up till the top rims, put in 4wd and reverse forward reverse forward got me out :P
I had 335/75r15s on my blazer when I won first place at Broome tioga , and the trucks I was racing against had 38 ground hogs . I have ran with trucks that have 54s and my little s10 would hang with the best of them . Heck the mud pit that I blew the 4.3 in , also took 2 full size 350 engines to , the only difference is they didn't make it to far , and I made it all but five feet . Blazers are amazing , I wish I still had my 72 K5 that blazer was sweet , and it was a full convertable .

Quick Reply: 1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe