Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 07:19 AM
Beginning Member
coop22 is on a distinguished road

looks like your progress is coming along really well, so when you do a solid axle conversion are you going to have to redo a different oil pan or keep that one in there. looking good by the way.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:03 AM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

I will have to make the drive shafts again but the oil pan can stay the way it is . Yea my friend and I have been working on it pretty steady right now . I put new 31 10.5 tires on last night and a few other things . My headers came today from jegs.com , there the ones you build yourself . Once I get the headers welded up and order a romote oil kit for the 302 it will be ready for start up . I probably should have waited for a couple oil changes to put the royal purple in holy crap is it expensive . I don't have the oil dip stick in yet because I'm waiting for the headers but I think it's going to take around 7 damm quarts . It is -5 here with wind 25-30 mph so I stayed inside researching and price checking different things .

Last edited by atvwarrior; 01-03-2012 at 05:45 PM. Reason: added more progress
Old 01-03-2012, 06:07 PM

One thing I'm having a little problem with is getting power to the truck , I have it but it don't seem quite right (like I'm missing a ground or something) . I have the red wire from the coil harness routed to the positive on the battery but theres another wire in there (two wire connector) I think its gray or brown and maybe I have to hook that to a ground or power not sure . With it hooked up the way it is I have power when key is on , thats it no head lights or nothing with key off . I am also going to post this problem in the electrical section .

Old 01-03-2012, 06:13 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

do you have a wire from the alternator to the pos on the battery ?

do you have a ground from the battery to the block ?

How about a ground to the block to the Frame

Old 01-03-2012, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
do you have a wire from the alternator to the pos on the battery ?

do you have a ground from the battery to the block ?

How about a ground to the block to the Frame
No I don't have the alternator hooked up yet . Could this be the problem ? The alternator is the one wire type and it just goes to the battery .Yes battery has good ground to block , and block is also super grounded Solid engine mounts + ground cable . Do you know the wire that I'm typing about ? I think it has something to do with that .

Old 01-03-2012, 08:28 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

the wire from the alternator supplys the power for every thing on the truck

Like the lights dash dome lights and other stuff that i cant think of

Old 01-03-2012, 08:48 PM

Ok the way its hooked up right now is like hot wiring it and I did this all wrong sorry I feel stupid . xgiovannix12 thanks for the help its cold here so I'm just thinking without looking , but the wiring harness from my s10 does go to the alternator , and the ford does not .

Old 01-03-2012, 09:05 PM
BF Guru

you got power in the truck? Yea its cold here also

its -2 here

Hey i plan to come to MR MUD PIT if my broncos ready this year

I will look forward to meeting ya guys

Last edited by xgiovannix12; 01-03-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
you got power in the truck? Yea its cold here also

its -2 here

Hey i plan to come to MR MUD PIT if my broncos ready this year

I will look forward to meeting ya guys
I have power with the key on only , but I completely forgot about the other wires that go to the alternator from the harness , That was what I was missing . My new alternator is a one wire to the battery so I just plain forgot the s10 had them wires . Its warming up , almost 5 now , I'm going to go out and see how my header pipes are going to fit . And it would be great to see you at MR MUD PIT , it sure is fun , we are reworking the whole track . The big guys tore it up pretty good , my tyres wouldn't even touch the ground if I tried to go in there now . And just down the road theres also broome tioga mudd bogs , thats also a super great time . I am already going through mudd pit withdrawal .

Old 01-04-2012, 02:02 PM
BF Guru

Im getting some dana 60s or 44s for the bronco i might be putting 33s or 39s what ever i find 1st haha

I wonder if the 4.3 alternator will bolt up to the other engine Possibilitys makes me wonder =P

Quick Reply: 1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe