Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1995 Chevy Blazer project

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 11:49 AM
Starting Member
MountainDew is on a distinguished road

Thanks 95teal4x4

And right on! Thats my goal, to make it better than factory. Here in Ohio the salts tear up the new ones in 10 years or less, and after doing all this work Im happy to think my brake lines will never rust out and my fuel lines should out last me.

Old 10-20-2017, 11:56 AM
Starting Member

Here are some pics of the cracked frame and my weld. Im not the best at overhead welding.

Old 10-20-2017, 11:58 AM
Starting Member

Got all my parts just in time for the weekend.

Old 10-20-2017, 03:15 PM
Starting Member
95teal4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MountainDew
Here are some pics of the cracked frame and my weld. Im not the best at overhead welding.

Thanks 95teal4x4

And right on! Thats my goal, to make it better than factory. Here in Ohio the salts tear up the new ones in 10 years or less, and after doing all this work Im happy to think my brake lines will never rust out and my fuel lines should out last me.
i actually replaced my brake lines with the copper nickel alloy lines a few months ago. Not a spec of rust on them and i put a lot of miles on my blazer. Im in jersey so we get some mild winters, they can be a little tough on cars, but not even half as tough as the winters up where you are.

on a side note, i saw you got a bunch of suspension parts. The frame pics you posted show a little metal cup in them by where you welded. There should be a rubber jounce bumper in that cup. Mine fell out many years ago. But i replaced mine probably about a year ago. It takes bumps so much better. If you havent gotten them yet, buy a set. You wont regret it. I think they were only like $20. You can find them on ebay or rockauto i think. Here is a picture of mine

Just a thought. Anyway, keep up the good work! Its coming along pretty good👍👍

Old 10-20-2017, 06:14 PM
Starting Member

Hey thanks for that, I was looking for those bump stops but I couldnt find them on rockauto , I will check ebay, thanks

Old 10-20-2017, 06:27 PM
Starting Member

I found them, GM Part# 15956547 and thanks for the picture it sure helps when you know what your looking for.

Last edited by MountainDew; 10-20-2017 at 06:35 PM.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:29 PM
Starting Member

Hey thanks for that, I was looking for those bump stops but I couldnt find them on rockauto , I will check ebay, thanks
I found them, GM Part# 15956547
Sweet. Its unbelievable what a difference they make in ride comfort. You wont regret buying them. I only wish i could find new jounce bumpers for the rear

Old 10-23-2017, 08:31 PM
Starting Member

I searched for the rear bump stops and could not find them anywhere. I am lucky enough to have my originals on the back go figure lol.

Also today I was changing my upper control arms out and more bumpers on those too.

pretty cool stuff

Old 10-23-2017, 08:33 PM
Starting Member

And where I stopped tonight.

Old 10-23-2017, 09:44 PM
Starting Member

Lots of progress being made i see. Its looking good. That is one shiny underside! And new moog ball joints👍👍

I have had trouble finding the rear bump stops too. I feel like I remember gmpartsdirect.com having them for $40 a piece. But there was now way i was spending that much lol. I just look on all the blazers i see at the junkyard for a decent pair. Yours look great. Im jealous. Mine are so old that pieces come off in your hand when you touch them lol

Quick Reply: 1995 Chevy Blazer project