Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1995 Chevy Blazer project

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 11:34 AM
Starting Member
MountainDew is on a distinguished road

and here is a video of the first day starting up the blazer after a full tear down.

Old 11-30-2017, 04:17 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Nice progress.

I have to do my A pillars insides with a rust-converter epoxy. Still looking for ways to spray that in.

Old 12-01-2017, 12:04 AM
Starting Member

Thanks 401, I have some places I wish I could get to as well but Im hoping what I dont get the Krown guys will. I have never used the Krown yet but Im hearing good things about it. https://www.krown.com/

Once I get mine done I will take it each year and get it sprayed.

On a side note, I got my flaps today. I was shocked I could still get them from GM. The one was 20 and the other one was 30. Come with the push in Christmas trees to boot.

Last edited by MountainDew; 12-01-2017 at 12:08 AM.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:03 PM
Starting Member

We just went and picked out the color for the blazer. We were going to do the factory Cherry Red but wow its really expensive so we went with Cherry Bomb Pearl for Kirker. Heres what I bought, Tip Tools is just down the road for me.
Kirker Low-VOC Urethane Basecoat - Cherry Bomb Pearl, Gallon - TP Tools & Equipment Im going to use a black sealer so it should come out nice and dark red.

Old 12-01-2017, 06:35 PM
Starting Member
95teal4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MountainDew
We just went and picked out the color for the blazer. We were going to do the factory Cherry Red but wow its really expensive so we went with Cherry Bomb Pearl for Kirker. Heres what I bought, Tip Tools is just down the road for me.
Kirker Low-VOC Urethane Basecoat - Cherry Bomb Pearl, Gallon - TP Tools & Equipment Im going to use a black sealer so it should come out nice and dark red.

I didnt even know you could get the flaps from GM. Guess ill be getting those next. And that color you picked out is going to look sweet on your blazer. I cant wait to see what it looks like when its done. Keep it up!

Old 12-01-2017, 09:33 PM
Starting Member

Thanks man, the wife and I are really excited to see it done with that color.
Still kills me how nowadays the price of paint is so much. I called around for the factory color they wanted anywhere from 240 to 600 dollars for just 3 quarts. That Cherry bomb pearl was 130 a gallon I guess its because its pre-mixed, I dont know.

Yeh those flaps really surprised me. I looked all over online, couldn't even find the GM part numbers so I went to my Chevy Garage and talked to my parts buddy, figured if I got the part number it would help me find them online but to my surprise he was like yeh I can get them out of Martins Ferry should be here tomorrow.... my mouth probably hit the counter lol. My old ones on both Blazers were had. I tried to remove the one and it just come apart.

Last edited by MountainDew; 12-02-2017 at 09:25 AM.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:28 PM
Starting Member
95teal4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MountainDew
Thanks man, the wife and I are really excited to see it done with that color.
Still kills me how nowadays the price of paint is so much. I called around for the factory color they wanted anywhere from 240 to 600 dollars for just 3 quarts. That Cherry bomb pearl was 130 a gallon I guess its because its pre-mixed, I dont know.

Yeh those flaps really surprised me. I looked all over online, couldn't even find the GM part numbers so I went to my Chevy Garage and talked to my parts buddy, figured if I got the part number it would help me find them online but to my surprise he was like yeh I can get them out of Martins Fairy should be here tomorrow.... my mouth probably hit the counter lol. My old ones on both Blazers were had. I tried to remove the one and it just come apart.
Lol. The flaps on my blazer are so dry rotted the part where it is supposed to bend up for spark plug access is currently being held on by 2 zipties acting like a hinge it would be great if i could buy some oem ones.

I have seen it too. Paint has gotten really expensive. I needed a quart of touchup paint for one of my other cars and i went and had it mixed at a place i know. I think it was like $120. But it was also a metallic touchup paint. But at least the bedliner is cheap.

Old 12-02-2017, 12:51 AM
Starting Member
Lefet is on a distinguished road

WOW!! What an intensive restoration!! Very nice job, can't wait to see the finished product. I'll just fall in line with all the rest of the jealous Blazer owners!

Old 12-03-2017, 07:13 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by 95teal4x4
Lol. The flaps on my blazer are so dry rotted the part where it is supposed to bend up for spark plug access is currently being held on by 2 zipties acting like a hinge it would be great if i could buy some oem ones.

I have seen it too. Paint has gotten really expensive. I needed a quart of touchup paint for one of my other cars and i went and had it mixed at a place i know. I think it was like $120. But it was also a metallic touchup paint. But at least the bedliner is cheap.
The old FrankenHinge,, nice..

Old 12-03-2017, 07:15 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Lefet
WOW!! What an intensive restoration!! Very nice job, can't wait to see the finished product. I'll just fall in line with all the rest of the jealous Blazer owners!
Thanks man! Its nice to know and see so many others love the Blazer.

Quick Reply: 1995 Chevy Blazer project