Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1995 Chevy Blazer project

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 06:09 PM
Starting Member
MountainDew is on a distinguished road

Thanks TaJohns34! I like it a lot too although I hope to never paint one that color again. The tri-stage is a pain in the butt. If I would have had a paint booth big enough to spray everything disassemble it wouldn't have been so bad.

So I got it aligned and on the way home the service engine light comes on (the money light ) So when I get home I plug the old Tech 1 on it and that dreaded P1034 or whatever code meaning the O2 sensor is reading nothing in bank 1. Well well well thats the one I didnt replace so I go to remove it and the bung twisted out of the y pipe. So I ordered a new 02 sensor and a new stainless steel bung. I had to remove the y pipe so out comes the cross member and taking apart the new exhaust I just installed,(god do I love taking things apart lol) So I changed out the wire in the mig welder to stainless and welded the new stainless bung in. Man does the old girl run nicely now and no service engine lights. Just a FYI I searched all over to buy a new y pipe and I couldnt find one which really sucks I was shocked I couldnt find one.

Old 06-05-2018, 04:24 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Looks great.

Have you clear-coated over the stickers?

Old 06-05-2018, 10:26 AM
Starting Member

Thanks error_401 yeh I clear coated over the airbrush work. I didnt want to use stickers because they seem to crack and peel after about 5 years.

Old 06-06-2018, 04:10 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Perfect work then. Nice airbrushing then. Got talent!

Old 10-13-2018, 07:56 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Hows the airbrushing coming? Add any new ones?

Old 10-17-2018, 08:20 AM
Starting Member

Hi Don
No airbrushing, I havnt had any time. The paint job is holding up really nice. I have been driving the crap out of the blazer. Picked up a couple problems that are still haunting me. I think the fuel pump is taking a crap. I have changed darn near everything else. It has an excessive crank and the oddest problem, When trying to hold a steady RPM, so when I hold the accelerator pedal steady the RPM should stay steady but I have the ever so slight of hunting + or - 100 rpm. When going up a hill with the A/C on you can really tell. I also have this weird popping, banging noise from the suspension under rough conditions. It sounds like the torsion bar cross member links but I check them and they look good. Other than that Im loving it. Im in the process of adding a GPS Android radio with back up camera and local TV.

Old 02-07-2019, 08:12 PM
Starting Member

Well I found out what the banging noise is on the front suspension. After 15000 miles I finally figured it out. So about two weeks ago it got really bad to where I would hit the breaks and the steering wheel would go to the 10:00 clock position but the blazer would go straight down the road. Put it up on the lift pry tugged pulled on the wheels and suspension to find everything tight so back on the road , drove it about a day and I just knew something major was wrong, so when I stopped at a friends and the blazer was on all fours in his driveway I started to rock the front driver tire back and forth and low and behold it started to pop back and forth over an inch. We thought wheel bearing or ball joint . So back to my garage up on the lift and everything is tight, Im like wtf is going on. So Im looking around and just happen to notice the upper front control arm rear bolts had about 1/4 inch of threads past the nut, looked at the front and seen the front bolts had about 1/2 inch of threads past the nut, so I grab a 18mm to check to see if the nuts are tight and son of bitch they are loose as a goose. MFer the people I had align the Blazer after the restoration never tighten them. I don't think they could have come loose if they was tighten correctly.

I took it back to the garage I had align it, they did it for free and holy cow my Blazer actually drives good and suspension doesnt bang etc..
​​​​​​​Always something

Old 02-08-2019, 08:46 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Glad to hear it's fixed... my passenger LCA bushings are gone... so I got a lot of banging on that side... hoping nothing breaks until summer when i can take it off the road to fix...