Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

2001 PNW Ski Rig and maybe a little overland...

Old 02-20-2019, 03:35 PM
Beginning Member
99blkx is on a distinguished road

Getting the old girl pointed straight down the road again. My toe and go alignment wasn't the best... wasn't my worst either, lol.

Old 03-11-2019, 11:48 PM
Beginning Member

Took the old girl up north a couple weekends ago. She did great. Didn't get into as much snow as I had hoped but still found a little. For those in the area, we took the Mountain Loop Highway up to where it's closed for winter.

A quick stop by the river.

Super cool dam we drove across.

Our homeboy Norris came along too!

Snug as a bug in a rug...

I'm guessing this is the last dust up we'll get this year.

And this is why I bought the damn thing... to get to places to do this thing...

Old 03-12-2019, 01:17 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Damn, our rigs are almost twins except mine has running boards. Mine is not for skiing (my legs just can't be pointed correctly!) but rather for hunting, fishing and hauling my boat.

Old 03-31-2019, 01:45 PM
Beginning Member

This has been a beautiful weekend outside here in the Seattle area. Decided to clean up the whole stable. Blazer cleans up quite nicely!

Now I'm trying to decide the future of my automotive stable. I made a couple of moves for some Miata parts but I'm not sure what's staying or going... decisions are hard.

Wife's car looks great all waxed up. Mazda knows how to do black very well. Also nice to get the winter wheels off.

Old 04-23-2019, 11:17 AM
Beginning Member

Nothing too exciting... but I picked up this hitch and bumper a while ago and I was tired of tripping over it in the garage. Since it came attached to a decent white bumper, I just swapped the whole thing over. 8 nuts in total, 4 on each side. Having a stubby ratchet really helped navigate around the tail pipe, and having ratcheting wrenches was nice too.

And all done. I haven't wired up the lights yet. I don't have the heavy duty package so I need to grab a 4 pin to wire in. The 7 pin was already on there so I just left it for now.

Old 04-24-2019, 11:14 AM
Beginning Member
Mazatzal Jimmy is on a distinguished road

Great thread man. Love the Blazer, super clean. You're build is basically the same route I'm going with my Jimmy. You like the KO2s? Also are you on the Overland Bound forums?

Funny I also have a new Mazda sharing the garage with my Jimmy. It's totally a personal goal of mine to own a Miata one day. Rented an ND Miata a while back for a week on business and absolutely loved it. Handled amazing and was 100% livable and comfortable during my commute. Obviously was an auto but even the trans wasn't awful.

My brother isn't a member on the forum but he has a similar pair haha. His Sonoma is on 30s as well. MS3 he autocrosses, bolt ons, tune, TE37s and racing rubber.

Anyway sorry to spam up your thread with my pics. I'm subbed for more updates!

Last edited by Mazatzal Jimmy; 04-24-2019 at 11:18 AM.
Old 04-24-2019, 01:21 PM
Beginning Member

Mazda content is never spam! Hah! Glad you liked the ND. I’ve driven a few and they’re an amazing chassis. I’d gladly have one but I’d want the RF for sure.

The KO2’s have been awesome. Haven’t really had them off-road yet and not as much time in the snow as I’d hoped. I also don’t have the g80 so there’s no help in the rear. Might be going to an ORV Park next weekend. Will report back if so.

The only other 4x4 forum I’m on is pirate. Just a bunch of Miata forums otherwise.

Old 04-24-2019, 02:07 PM
Beginning Member
Mazatzal Jimmy is on a distinguished road

Glad Mazda content is welcome! That rental was an RF. Gorgeous in black.

My 6 year old Michellins were scary last winter, the KO2s are definitely my top choice for replacements at the moment and a G80 is also on my list of wants. Definitely report back on the ORV park!

Overland Bound is a pretty great community, lots of good info on gear and camping stuff too. I think I have a profile on Pirate but their mobile site sucks so I don't frequent them much. I do lurk some on Mazdas247...